Pirate Canal+

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
petert74
Andalucia.com Amigo

Pirate Canal+

Postby petert74 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:08 am

My neighbour insists he can get/will have Canal +/digital + for free via a decoder some software and the internet.

I believe there must be more to it than that as i know sky is impossible to get for free.

He was trying for last nights barcelona/liverpool game.

Does anyone else pirate Canal + and is it worth it as I hear they change the codes every 3 days.

Im only interested in the English language or VO film and program channels really.

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:12 am

You can install a Spanish type freeview satellite box and go to:
http://www.rdi-sat.com/ and get the keys if you know how to enter them you will get ALL pay for view channels free!

This is illegal and for information only, honest! [img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/not-me.gif[/img]
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

petert74
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby petert74 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:20 am

Does this mean every channel has to be keyed in every 3 days or less???

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:29 am

The keys change every month sometimes sooner but never within three days, well so I have been told :wink:

pmb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pmb » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:22 am

They generally change them before football. eg there was a change yesterday and I expect may be also at the weekend.

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:41 am

pmb wrote:They generally change them before football. eg there was a change yesterday and I expect may be also at the weekend.
That's what I used to find you just settle down to a good footie match and zap. I now use Canal+ pay for view it costs me money but I get to see good movies in Spanish and English if I want and loads and loads of footie including 3 o-clock UK Premiership kick offs, nice!

pmb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pmb » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:04 pm

petert74 - I've tried pm'ing you about this but it just sits in my outbox not the sentbox. Take it you haven't received it?

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:22 am

pmb wrote:petert74 - I've tried pm'ing you about this but it just sits in my outbox not the sentbox. Take it you haven't received it?
Same here I had a PM from petert74 yesterday asking how much I paid for Canal+ and he has not picked up my reply yet!
I hope he hasn't electrocuted himself messing with the TV :shock:

petert74
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby petert74 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:20 am

Got them both!!!

Thanks, dont know what the issue is with the mail boxes???

Cheers

Peter

Mixter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mixter » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:03 pm

Whats an approx cost of English-speaking sattelite reception with sky sports?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:20 pm

to get sky sports you need a sky box and dish. about 350€ installation cost and 40€ a month.

to get some english sports channels you can use a smaller dish and any reciever, you should get quite a few, might be in different languages tho.

Mixter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mixter » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:33 pm

cheers for that, but being a luddite who ONLY watches Rugby League on SS...itd have to be Murdochs Money-spinner! :?

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:11 am

We get Canal+ - we had in it UK for about 5 years along with all the TPS channels as well. I only want it for the footie, but yes, the codes do change every other day now, but saying that I managed to watch the Man U match today, followed by A.r.senal then Chelsea playing. Get Nat Geographic, film channels as well, in English, Nat Geographic is in English with Portuguese subtitles! I check the satfootball site each week to see what channels premiership footie is on. Didn't realise that C+ Deporte had changed to C+Futbol, but now I know! Definitely don't get as much footie on Sky even as a subscriber than you can get on Canal+ and TPS (French), so if footie mad, then worth subscribing to either, rather than Sky.

Alpujarra
Andalucia.com Amigo

Pirate canal plus.

Postby Alpujarra » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:47 pm

Taken from the Olive Press newspaper June 13th 2007:

Couple arrested in pirate TV clampdown
June 4, 2007

An Orgiva couple have become the first victims of a nationwide police operation against satellite television piracy.

The un-named married couple were detained during a police raid on their home in the town on May 30.

Officers from the Policia Nacional believe the two detainees are part of a network that distributed and installed modified set top boxes to receive unauthorised satellite television.

A further 48 arrests were made in Madrid, Barcelona, Málaga, Seville and Alicante. All have been charged with intellectual property crimes and audiovisual fraud.

Let's hope the Policia don't team up with TV licencing in the UK :roll:

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:02 pm

Thank God I HATE football!

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:16 pm

A bit late but in Feb. Dealer said _ "This is illegal and for information only, honest! "

Never before have I seen the words illegal and honest in the same sentence.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

costachick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costachick » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:14 pm

Dealer wrote:The keys change every month sometimes sooner but never within three days, well so I have been told :wink:
The key codes used to change once a month but since whenever (not idea when) they have been changing almost every 2 days, I know someone :shock: that typed the new code in last night for the footy and this morning it had changed already.

pmb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pmb » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:06 pm

For the last couple of weeks the codes have been changing twice a day but three times yesterday because of the La Liga conclusion. I believe there has only been one change today so far.