EasyJet Buy GB Airways!!!

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
hedonist
Andalucia.com Amigo

EasyJet Buy GB Airways!!!

Postby hedonist » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14 am

This sounds like a positive thing... if you don't mind flying Easy!
Do or do not... there is no try. Yoda

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pilgrim » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:50 am

and it looks like they might be flying into Seville, but when trying to book a flight into Faro their website would not accept my Spanish visa card, phoned them up and was told that they dont accept the Spanish visa, the lady thought there was a difference in the number of figures on the Spanish card, but was not sure if this was the reason and that I would have to book with someone else!!!!! So I did.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:34 pm

British Airways have just canceled it's agreement with GBA as a franchise operator...big moves afoot as BA say they will henceforth operate their own routes previously operated by GBA.

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:32 pm

Hopefully, BA will buy some decent slots from LGW to AGP and we can arrive/depart on Friday evenings. Be nice not to have to put up with Sleazyjet anymore.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:11 pm

Be nice not to have to put up with Sleazyjet anymore.
Compared to slyanair there brilliant.

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:20 pm

Yeah, well you can't polish a turd.

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:54 pm

personally, easy and ryanair are fine. We can take 3 holidays a year in Spain because of their fares. It is only a 2 and 3/4hrs flight. no food required although we usually by coffee etc just to pass the time. Also they are no more uncomfortable than other major airlines IMO.
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm

Jake. Depends what you're prepared to put up with I suppose. Personally I won't even contemplate Ryanair as I think O'Leary is one of the most disgusting businessmen to walk the planet and there are too many pikeys and their snot nosed kids on Sleazyjet for my liking. Unfortunately, they're the only ones with decent flight times on a Friday from Gatwick so until BA come up with some better slots we're stuck with them.

:twisted:

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:52 pm

Further to the character assassinations, what about the kids, grand kids etc who are under 16 and at the moment can only fly out unaccompanied by BA, who charge an accompaniment fee. Will Easyjet continue this practice [at a cost!!]
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:52 am

pilgrim wrote:and it looks like they might be flying into Seville, but when trying to book a flight into Faro their website would not accept my Spanish visa card, phoned them up and was told that they dont accept the Spanish visa, the lady thought there was a difference in the number of figures on the Spanish card, but was not sure if this was the reason and that I would have to book with someone else!!!!! So I did.
We flew easy jet last week for the first time ever, better than we were expecting, and paid with my Cajamar bank card, which is visa, without a problem. It's a debit card, not credit but that shouldn't really make a difference. The number of figures on the front is identical to my UK debit/credit cards.

The Spanish debit card was even accepted by car hire company for booking but we had to provide a major credit card on pick up for the security deposit.

Don

Postby Don » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:54 pm

This business about which visa is accepted and which not, is totally confusing. BA do have on their web site that debit cards are only accepted if issued and billed in the country of departure. I booked with Flybe from Faro to Southampton with UK debit card billed to Spanish address but BA would not accept same card from Gatwick back to Faro. BA accepted a credit card but at a 6 GBP surcharge.

Easyjet are building a hub in Madrid and indeed the choice of flights is growing but some flights not every day and often at rather inconvenient times. The single biggest issue for all these "low cost business model" airlines is that they dont do connecting tickets or flights and they offer only the legal minimum protection if anything goes awry.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:28 pm

Check out (or should that be Check In??) this thread over here:
http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic-t13022.htm

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:26 am

As a little aside :-)

Can anyone explain why Easyjet flights from Luton to Malaga have a total of £22 taxes/charges added yet Monarch add a total of £34?

I've tried e-mailing Monarch for an explanation but no response so far :-(

Gus

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:40 pm

Yup - it's a con! :?

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:06 pm

:idea: Easyjet have possibly negotiated cheaper landing and baggage handling charges than Monarch. :?: