Jeep Wrangler....anyone use one in Spain

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:48 pm

Thanks for your help Costa. With regards to the tyres I don't even mix and match makes let alone sizes :wink:

You are correct, ABS is working..........I just think it decides to get to work a touch too early.

I've disconnected it now and took the thing for a spin but roads were dry again so don't know if it's improved things........it felt fine though.

Had this on another car years back and bypassed the ABS.........I just don't like the system and think it should be switchable when fitted.

Kenny

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:07 pm

Kenny,

couldn't agree more which is why I suggested it. Flaming lethal on snow and ice.

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:23 pm

Also worthwhile checking your calipers in case one of them is sticking or binding.

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:39 pm

Thanks Faire. I actually did the front pads when I bought the car. The calipers look fine and are doing the job, ie car has always stopped squarely with no pulling in the slightest to either side.

I'm even more convinced than ever now it is the ABS. Out of interest car had Michelen AT'S when I bought it.........I swapped them for a set of Toyo AT's for it's trip to Spain that never happened.

Cheers,

Kenny