Urgent...... suggestions req

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:54 pm

I have found some decent stuff in C & A here and in Brussels, Friday has to be Sevilla shopping day :(

So should you happen to be on/in the main shopping streets/shops and see a very frustrated wee wifie, that will be me.

Sorry in advance to my lovely husband ... Friday will be an extra stressed day xx

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:40 pm

katy wrote:C&A stuff is awful, looks like a second-hand clothes shop.
I wouldn't know about that as I have never been in a second-hand clothes shop :roll:
However C&A I have been in, and have bought clothes there also....nothing wrong, in my opinion, with C&A :!:
On the other hand...I look good in all clothes :D :D ....the price ticket has nothing to do with whether someone has 'style' or not.....:wink: :wink:.
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:47 pm

Well if you are happy with out of date crimplene style for Grannies :roll: Wasn't going on price, Zara is as inexpensive as C&A!

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:52 pm

The last crimplene item I had was bought by my mother when I was a child. NO WAY would I buy it :shock:

edit now :D
Last edited by ValL on Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:04 pm

Like the IKEA story....we must have a 'more exclusive' range in C&A here! I don't think that there is a Swiss German word for crimplene :D The (Dutch) owners of C&A also live in Switzerland...say no more.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

Don

Postby Don » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:53 pm

Language Val, language :lol:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:00 pm

hi VaIl, have u tried the AireSur shopping centre? i know they have the norm in H&M, Zara etc, but there is a Massimo Dutti on the ground floor. They have some great stuff in there and when i got my stuff in the summer, they had a wide range of sizes. Just a thought.

Karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:03 pm

Massimo Dutti use really good quality fabrics, I like them.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:39 pm

Yes, the fabrics are very good quality. the only problem is...since coming back to the campo from a more civilised world, i am back to wearing my shorts/jeans/t shirts again every day, with my nice outfits all back in the wardrobe after a one off wearing!!

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:47 pm

Well another day wasted looking for things that would fit me, nada nada nada We went to Aire Sur today nothing for people my size except Evans and nothing but awful tops and trousers. I don't do trousers.

Yesterday I looked in Sevilla, El Corte Ingles and the shops on Tetuan another blank :(

There must be something somewhere around here that's sells clothes that are not for teenagers, fashion models sizes or old fashioned.

Big sigh

Oh added today Sunday, I forgot I did manage to get a hair cut :D at the Jean Louis David place, they do the no sciccors cut :D

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:02 pm

i had that cut VaIl......all my layers ended up looking blunt cut!!! :cry: I was not happy!! Needless to say i didnt go back there again. How did you find it?

Karen

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:13 pm

My first such cut was by a bloke in JLD salon in Brussels, it was super.

I have fine hair and not a lot of it :( This one seems ok so far :)

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:29 pm

i´ve got realy thick long wavy hair, so it wasnt sooo drastic with the blunt cut edges, but when i dried it straight for an evening out it looked dreadful!!

Glad yours was okay. i imagine it looks good cut that way on a one length bob also.

Karen

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:29 pm

Have you thought of having something made up by a dressmaker? I've seen a couple of dressmaking/alterations shops in my town so maybe there are some close to you, and the fabric shops seem to have a good selection of "evening" type fabrics which would look good if made up in a much simpler style than the Spanish shops seem to offer.

I'm a size 12 or 14 depending on the make/cut of clothes but I can't ever get anything to fit me in Zara: The only Spanish shops I've ever bought anything to wear in have been Punt Roma or there is one which has branches in Nerja and Torre del Mar called Pomodoro, I don't know if it is a nationwide chain. Otherwise I just stock up on trips back to the UK. Can't wait until 14 December when I shall be straight off the plane and into the nearest TK Maxx, I've had some wonderful bargains from there over the years, the most recent being 2 American designer jackets for 30 pounds each, marked down from 300 pounds. It will be just my luck to get there and find they have nothing nice in stock.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:32 pm

pilgrim wrote: have noticed another one in Almonte, though have never been in it.
I was passing today so went in and asked what sizes they did. they do nice skirts and tops up to 48/50, the lady said.

Karen

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:41 pm

Have found this website...might be a bit late for you to order valL...but looks great for other stuff..
www.ukshoppinginspain.com
has anyone used them yet???

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:45 am

Update ... found a red poloneck dress in the wardrobe just right with black tights and new shoes for the first wedding and then found a suit on saturday in the shopping centre out by Cruzcampo. Now only need a top and accessories :) for second one.

Thanks for all the helpful links and tips.

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

sorry it took so long.......

Postby pilgrim » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:48 pm

Well its not quite Mazagon, but very near, Moguer, I know I ended up in Mazagon that day :D the shop is called (not sure if it is a J or T) T.R. Tere Boutique, C/Puerto Rico, 4 , Junto a Plaza de la Coronacion, only open in the mornings and if the man is there he speaks good English.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:52 pm

Ah never been in Moguer yet, thanks pilgrim will have a look there soon, between these weddings, spanish classes and the dreaded christmas coming, time is flying by :(

RoniBock

Postby RoniBock » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi Val,

I don´t know if you remember me?! You gave me some fantastic advice last year when you recommended Seville 5 for finding accommodation in Seville. They´ve been most helpful and we´ve been using their services to find short term places to stay.

We´re still living in Seville, and I have tefl work in a slightly dodgy school (I think they are struggling financially because not many people have been paid for December work!) I won´t name the school because a) they did pay me (I demanded it), and b) it´s unprofessional, plus it might be a bad patch!

We like Seville but we don´t love it (also, without the help of Seville 5, we´d struggle to find any accommodation in or near the centre) and so we are going to check out Cadiz for a month or so before we decide about whether to return to England.

I don´t suppose you or your husband know of any similar agencies in Cadiz? We only want to be there for about a month and a half, so hotels would probably be hideously expensive, and long term flat lets are no go!

I do hope that you had a lovely time at the weddings in a great outfit. I know what you mean about clothes shopping in Seville, I´ve kept it to a minimum myself! C&A have been my best bet!

Muchos Abrazos en este mañana lleno de sol x Roni