Gravy Train Freeloader Michael Cashman Labour MEP

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Gravy Train Freeloader Michael Cashman Labour MEP

Postby Bongtrees » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:41 am

It has been revealed that Michael Cashman, the Labour Euro MP who has visited Spain as part of the EU Petitions Committee looking into real estate abuses, has paid his boyfriend over eight thousand pounds a month form an expense fund provided by the British taxpayer.

Mr Cashman has stated that he currently pays his civil partner Paul Cottingham an annual salary of thirty thousand pounds, but has not revealed where the remainder of the one hundred and sixty thousand pounds annual expense allowance has been spent
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Gravy Train Freeloader Michael Cashman Labour MEP

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:15 pm

Well, he's allowed to get away with it because it is his 'civil partner' not his wife or other family member! :(

I have often wondered if he really cares about what is happening in Spain or if he was just jumping on the bandwagon to suit his own political purposes.
Let's go Brandon!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:44 pm

He can employ me for 8,000 pounds a year as long as I have a contract- I´m much cheaper :D

They will all get caught out one day, hopefully :evil:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Bongtrees writes about 'Tax Man' as if it's some nebulous entity. We all do that. Actually, it's you and me. We are paying. I'm not a 21st century person. I cannot understand how we can freely elect and pay people to 'look after us' but end up by being dictated to by people who are unaccountable. More than that. We know right from wrong. Politicians do not. Yet they make the rules for us to live by. If we do not 'obey' we are punished. They, on the other hand, make different rules for themselves to live by. They profit. The MP in question is the servant, not the master. He must account for his wages.

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:25 pm

I wonder if its worth contacting the British press? I wonder if they would even be interested? Didn't know he was that way 'inclined.' :shock:

Coin Boy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Coin Boy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:00 am

This is old news. The Telegraph ran it nearly four months ago. The article states that he paid the maximum allowed at the time, just over £8,000 in 2002 and now pays him £30,000 per month.

You can read the article for yourself http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... enses.html

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:33 pm

No, Coin Boy, £30,000 a YEAR not a month. Not even British politicians are that bent. Writing of bent, Mr Cashman was an actor on Eastenders in his previous life and I think his character was homosexual. I'm not sure what happened next but he was 'outed' or 'came out' or whatever. Big fuss back then, I recall. Anyway, I'm not that fussed about that only about my money funding his partner and his lifestyle. Indeed my money funding anyone to that tune.

As for the UK Press my OH was involved in a major newspaper and I've already asked him if someone will write a piece in a column to fag this up (oops, I meant flag this up). I'll let you know what happens.

Coin Boy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Coin Boy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:46 pm

Ooops! I should proof read what I put on here before submitting. Thanks for pointing it out.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:40 pm

Lavanda I'm not that fussed about that only about my money funding his partner and his lifestyle. Indeed my money funding anyone to that tune.

In normal circumstances nobody would begrudge anyone earning good money for any type of job if they deliver positive results, however, Cashman and his ilk take the money and deliver absolutely nothing in my opinion.

Why when he came here did he direct people to Irwin Mitchell solicitors when there is plenty of bad stuff about them on the different forums as being a firm of ambulance chasers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

None of the above care an sh one t about people suffering. All they care about is where their next big pay cheque is coming from or their free jaunt to another country.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell