what plans do you have for xmas?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

what plans do you have for xmas?

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:13 am

What are we all doing for christmas this year?

I usually go home to UK,but this year is the first anniversary of my puppys death on the 20th Dec,so i dont feel like going home this time. :(
We have a friend coming over from UK on the 22nd Dec for a week,so that will be nice.
So a nice quiet one for me and my family! :wink:

Are you going on holiday,going home or staying here?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: what plans do you have for xmas?

Postby gerryh » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:04 am

We are staying home here in Spain.
Will be going up to the dog refuge on Xmas morning to give the dogs their Xmas treats then back home to cook our Xmas dinner.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:05 am

er, Spain IS home! Strange you refer to home as elsewhere...

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:11 am

I have 2 homes,one where my family is and my main home here in spain,what is strange about that?

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:31 am

OK, if you say so :? ...your "main home" is here in Spain, but you "usually go home to UK" for Xmas...that's nice!

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:30 am

Unfortunately we'll be in the cold of Yorkshire as we can't get out to Spain this year - OH will be working most of Christmas. But we'll have our 17 year old granddaughter with us for part of the time (she's never had a Xmas without us so far) and hopefully we'll see our 3 yr old granddaughter and our brand new grandson - born last Saturday while I was at Old Trafford watching Ronaldo score twice. Maybe next year we'll be somewhere even a little bit warmer and hope all the family can come to join us.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:23 pm

We're coming to Spain for a month over Xmas & New Year - this was also our plan last year, but unfortunately I ended up in hospital having a tumour removed, so that scuppered that ! :)

We still have loads to do on our house, which has been reformed but we need to do things like putting up curtain rails, assembling chests of drawers etc, fitting out the lavadero / utility, etc, so I don't think it will be much of a holiday :wink: , but we plan to meet up with friends at some point over our visit :)

The one fly in the ointment is that although we have had pylons and cables up & ready for over a year, we are still not connected to the electricity :evil: . We are one in a chain of 22 houses having this new supply, but most of the others are ruins, so no rush there. We have now got our lawyers chasing Sevillana, and as far as we can tell, Sevillana 'forgot' about connecting the new supply at each end, so keep your fingers crossed that they do it in the next week or so, and then we can arrange to have it connected to our house......
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:07 pm

I have 2 disabled guests staying with me this year so we plan to show them the time of their lives!!! Hubby has already planned the 5 course dinner he is cooking (won't be seeing much of him on Christmas day then :lol: ). We don't have much money this year so will make it as much fun as possible for the kids and guests. My mum and dad will be round too and hopefully my sister will be able to make it over from the UK. It will be fantastic!!!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:00 am

Oh how lovely Dido,you will have a fab time. :D

Dixie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dixie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:25 am

This will be my 2nd christmas in spain. Last year was a bit miserable as hubby works offshore and wasn't home :( This year I have him home and for new year too :D so really looking forward to it. A very merry christmas to all :lol:
To the world you are one person
To one person you are the world!

Dixie

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:12 pm

Surviving it ! :mrgreen:

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:06 am

Friends are coming out to their holiday home and spending Christmas day and Boxing day at our house. Then we got a phone call last night, our other friends want to come for a week- no problem, we have 2 spare bedrooms............ then eldest son said he will try to get out here for Xmas, then today youngest son emailed, said he will try to get here with his girlfriend on Boxing Day till 30th Dec. So we might have a real house full........... should be interesting- 8 folk and 1 bathroom :lol: Bet we end up with no visitors!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:18 am

Avoiding exhortations to go to some disgusting Brit greasy spoon for 'Christmas Lunch'. Image
Let's go Brandon!

Angie P
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Angie P » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:03 pm

Its my 2nd Christmas here, we were going to do something nice last year, but my mother in law sadly died 4 days before Christmas, and my husband was with her in UK so at the time thought I would be on my own for my first christmas. But he came home to Spain on Christmas Eve and we had a very quiet, subdued christmas day.
This year will hopefully be better. We have moved recently and now we have a proper kitchen(long story!) I am hoping to make us a nice christmas dinner for 2... That is, unless he gets a call to say he is working, in which case we will have christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and have cold cuts and pickles when he gets in on the day itself.

We certainly wont be at a greasy spoon!! Cant think of anything worse!

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:51 pm

23rd-30th Dec 1 week in Hua Hin, 30th/12-6th/01/2009 1 week in Krabi, diving, 7th/01/2009 1 week in Bangkok(which will no doubt include an entire weekend in Chatuchak market, where the public conveiniences can only be described as "primitive"), I won't even be having Xmas pud!

I will however be spending the second week of January in Levi, Finland where the temperature is sure to wake up even the most lethargic :lol:
Ah! the full english!!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:24 am

ooh,how wonderful Retro,sounds like a great xmas.Bet you wont even miss xmas day or xmas pudding. 8)

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:11 pm

princess peach wrote:ooh,how wonderful Retro,sounds like a great xmas.Bet you wont even miss xmas day or xmas pudding. 8)
The only thing that pi55es me off is that (as is normal in Thailand) we are required to pay for a "compulsory" Xmas dinner, in my case it's costing 142 euros per person, a rip off for sure but normal in Thailand at Xmas and New year :roll:
Ah! the full english!!

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi
With a girl friend, we will be spending the 14 days (Xmas & New Year) with Bob Gaston Golf tours. Neither of us play golf, but at less than 50 euros a head a day choice of over 100 items for Breakfast, and a different 100 for evening meal, we reckon it is very good value for money. We also did the same last year.

Dave

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:36 pm

Thought you lived here, weren't you changing car plates or something? Never heard of that golf handling service. How do they get 100 choices for breakfast? does this figure include the sauces?

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:58 pm

dxf wrote:Hi
With a girl friend, we will be spending the 14 days (but at less than 50 euros a head a day choice of over 100 items for Breakfast, and a different 100 for evening meal,

Dave

How much can you eat and more to the point, how much do you weigh, do you need the golf buggy to get around?
Ah! the full english!!