how can i speak to this guy?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

how can i speak to this guy?

Postby princess peach » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:36 am

There is a guy and his wife who live opposite us,with their own private driveway(large enough for 2 cars)He has one small fiesta sized car and one moto that he parks in the drive.
The little car is parked outside his driveway on the road opposite our drive.It has been parked there for about 4 months and is moved when his wife goes to work etc.
The problem is,its very difficult to get OUR car in and out of our driveway because this car is parked opposite.
Before this couple moved in they had a skip dumped opposite our drive,and now the skips gone,we have the car to contend with.My husband chunters on everytime he reverses the car in and out,and im scared that if he prangs our car because of the car parked opposite,he will do more than give the guy abuse.Its our fault for not saying anything to start with,and after 4 months of the car being outside,i dont feel i can.No one else in the street parks on the road,only him.What can i say to this guy without losing my temper.If we dont tell him its causing problems,how is he to know.
Any advice would be much appreciated.I dont want to tell him to shift it,but to let him know its been causing us problems for the last 4 months(so he will take the hint).My husband cant even bring himself to speak to the guy as he is so mad..but wont say anything to him for fear of really losing it...so its down to me. :? just to add-this guy is in his 50s and i dont feel its my place to preach to him where he parks his car.
Help!

silver
Andalucia Guru

Re: how can i speak to this guy?

Postby silver » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:11 am

Just go over and introduce yourself and tell him nicely that you are having problems parking, and would it be too much to ask for him to move his car further up our down..
i dont feel its my place to preach to him where he parks his car.
maybe this guy just does not realise how hard it is for you, and as no one else parks in the street there must be another space for him to park.
IF HE STARTS TO ARGUE or says no.. set fire to it :lol:
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:44 pm

You come over on here as being very cute (as in sweet) so if you are right and he is over his 50is. then he would of seen you,so when you are looking your most sexest, clip clop up his drive, knock on the door, and when he answers, just say HELLOOOOOO can you do me a really big faver, he will say ,well yes if i can, so then you say your car is making me very upset, i am not one of the best drivers ,and am in fear of damaging your car and mine, is it possible that you could be a real DARLING and shift your fbeeping car, lol

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Sounds like good advice Ken! Not a route I'd normally choose but I'll bet you can make that work Peachy. Just do the blonde bimbo bit!!!!

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:00 pm

mirandamac wrote:Sounds like good advice Ken! Not a route I'd normally choose but I'll bet you can make that work Peachy. Just do the blonde bimbo bit!!!!

ha ha ha blimey you are brave, ha ha i thought it but didn't have the guts to put it like that, he he :twisted: he

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:03 pm

hes a man. in spain ?

ur a woman...

can you see where this is going ?

boobs. low cut tops work wonders ;)

is it sexist? yes, is it true? definatly. are we in the dark ages? no, everything is about sex.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:28 pm

I too instantly thought of this approach as well, tell a story about how upset you get as you would hate to prang his car or do any damage to yours as your husband would go mad at you, but that as a woman driver parking is not your best skill, wear sexy clothes and give him the full helpless, I need protecting from my own helplessness approach......

Let us know how you get on, you have a much better chance than your husband of getting him to move it!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:51 pm

What if his 20 stone wife answers the door :wink:

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:05 pm

just tell her that lidl have got some lovely new TENTS in that she would look good in,he he he he that should get her husband on your side, he he he he i'm cryin here, i can get a mental picture of all of this, ha ha ha :lol: :lol:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:08 pm

katy wrote:What if his 20 stone wife answers the door :wink:
Oh f***, that'd mean I'm the neighbour :cry:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:14 pm

Oh crikey!what are you lot like..and what the hell do you think i look like.. :lol:
Thing is...He knows i only ride my moto,I dont drive the car,so i cant pull the helpless female stunt..,plus his wife isnt 20 stone,shes pretty fit and quite a looker for an old bird. :wink: so i dont think me staggering up his drive in my high heels with my bristol cities swaying backwards and forwards out over my t-shirt,clarted up in make up,would do a great deal for him..lol..plus my husband would wonder what the hell was going on.. :lol:
I need a more subtle plan...YOU LOT!!! :roll: :lol:

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:
katy wrote:What if his 20 stone wife answers the door :wink:
Oh f***, that'd mean I'm the neighbour :cry:

I need this sorted, are you a 20stone (lovely lady)(creep) or are you hitched up with one,??ha ha ha

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:32 pm

bristol cities swaying backwards and forwards out over my t-shirt,blimey thats give3n me another mental picture to play with, ha ha

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:25 am

Spanish women rule the roost.....so can you speak to her quietly about it on the basis of not wanting to upset or embarrass your poor husband who is not the best at parking the car.....no offence to him...but if you can get them on side with you so it becomes a shared problem that´s the way to go I think.....but ever so gently....perhaps on the pretext of giving her a Xmas gift or something an english custom you know......anything that keeps it away from a confrontation and more along the lines of a small aside and not the main purpose of calling on her....then see what happens......

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:49 am

Jool,i would speak to her only she is spanish (her husband is gibraltarian)and she speaks very little english,and my spanish is limited.It would be far easier to speak with him. :oops:
Hubby is fine parking the car,its just frustrating having to shunt the car backwards and forwards to get into our own drive,when some idiot parks right in front of it.The road is one way(so its narrow)and when there is a car parked over the road,it leaves enough room for another car to get passed,and very difficult to get into our driveway.
I rarely see the neighbour,we do say hello,but i just feel after 4 months of the car being there,Its been too long now to say anything..we just hoped that it would be moved into his double driveway. :roll:
Another thing i did mention to my hubby was...Its his wife that drives the car,and maybe she struggles to get it into the drive(i know i would)maybe that is why its parked outside permanently. :?
Its so difficult,I dont want to upset them,but in the next breath,if hubby prangs our car on the concrete pillars of our driveway-he will knock on the neighbours door and be carted off by the policia.
None of which would be the guys fault,as we havnt asked him if he could move his car in the first place and that its causing so much trouble to us.Hopefully,i will pluck up the courage to say something over the next few days.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:35 am

Peachy..
I had a similar problem with a neighbour, a few months ago, loads of space outside my house, but they still parked their car in front of my garage, making it extremely difficult for me.
Now I believed that they were being deliberately awkward, so I chose to ignore it and pretended that I didn't care, and hoped that they would eventually get fed up of trying to 'wind me up'...
However it continued to the point that one day, 'when I had got out of the wrong side of the bed', I decided to do something about it, now I'm a very 'laid back' diplomatic sort of person, so I decided to try a nice amicable type of approach, and taking into consideration that this neighbour is also the local Justice of Peace...
So I worked out in my best Spanglish what I was going to say, and proceeded to walk across to his house, but in the thirty odd seconds that it took me to get to his house , I had completely lost all of my Spanish, couldn't even think how to say Hola...A 'Red Mist' had come over me , steam was coming out of my ears, and there in front of me was his Wife...La Bruja...fierce looking woman who wears jackboots, and has close cropped hair....In English I shouted, ' If you don't move your F......g car, I will move the F.....g thing for you...!!!...She doesn't speak a word of English, but she knew by my face that I was in a murderous mood...so within 5 minutes the car was moved, and I've had no problems since...The next day she knocked on my door with a big bag of almonds as a gift and in return I gave her an out of date box of Mr Kiplings exceedingly good mince pies...
Now I wouldn't recommend my Mr.Angry approach, but sometimes it works, and it also proves that sometimes Spanish people do think they can be difficult with foreigners...

I do hope that you will be able to solve your problem amicably.. :D

Regards,
Gordon.
ps I've just returned from having a great time in Berlin..but it's good to be back.. :wink:

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:13 am

if your own car is insured maybe it´s best just to drive straight into his car and make a big as dent as possible, maybe from then on they´ll leave their car parked elsewhere!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Beni,i couldnt borrow you for a week could i ??preferably when the red mist is coming over you...
My hubby is getting to the point where he is going to explode.. :twisted: calles him an f-ing this and f-ing that..EVERY time we reverse into the drive. :lol: im sick of him chuntering on about it... :roll:

Julian,I get where you are coming from,If we had an old banger(like they do)we probably would have done it by now..but we have a beautiful Black VW TDI Golf(hubbys pride and joy)and he gets mad if we slam the doors..so there isnt any chance in the world he would smash into it.

Do you think i should chicken out completely and ask the president to have a word??? :D

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Why dont you just go over and explain the difficulty! I am sure they dont realise what a hasstle it is for you. Dont get yourself in a dizzy simply explain nicely and pleasantly - as I am sure you can Peachy :D - If that doesnt work park your car there until they get the idea. Why not take over a home made cake or something when you go!
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:14 pm

If that doesnt work park your car there until they get the idea
we already tried that!
He knocked on the door and asked us if we could move OUR car,so he could park there...so we did. :oops: