Am I a 'Grumpy Old Man'.?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Am I a 'Grumpy Old Man'.?

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:42 pm

I promised myself years ago that I would always be a happy go lucky friendly person who never moans....
But today I failed miserably ....Three times... :(

First I shouted at a young lad, in a supermarket , who was ripping open packets of dog biscuits, and throwing them on the floor, at least a dozen people walked past him without saying anything... :x

Then I 'told off' a check out girl who started on the next customers grocery purchases before I'd even got chance to pack mine...she was throwing the next customers purchases on top of mine.. :x

Then I 'had a go' ,at a youth who had leaned his cycle against my vehicle.... :evil:

So am I really a 'grumpy old Git', or was I justified in being angry....What would you have done..?

Regards,
Mr Grumpy Gordon...

ken2
Resident

Re: Am I a 'Grumpy Old Man'.?

Postby ken2 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:13 pm

ITS NOT YOU, gone are the days, when a spoilt little s#+*t that was ripping open thing he should not, years ago the shop keeper could of cuffed him around the ear,and as for the girls at the till throughing things, this really is our pet hate, once my Fay just blow it, STOP she proclaimed,and said you through one more and you can keep the f@#~+*^"g lot, and just put her arm out so no more could come till i had packed what was through the bloody till, and as for the bike WELL i would of chucked it as far as i could, YOU grumpy NO,

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:20 pm

Of course you're a grumpy old man - and what would the world be without us grumpies? I often wish I had the courage to say something in situations like you encountered. Unfortunately I rarely do but those who have to live with me (OH) or know me well, do bear the brunt of me turning into a grumpy old woman. :oops:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:40 pm

So am I really a 'grumpy old Git', or was I justified in being angry
sorry Victor Meldrew...I dozed off for a moment there...you havnt been whining again have you?? :lol: :lol:

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:54 pm

Good for you Beni.....

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:58 pm

The best way to thwart the impatient check-out assistant is not to pay until you have packed all of your shopping. They can't make a start on the next customer until you have done so.

By the way, I have the perfect avatar for you:

or perhaps I should use it myself! :D
Let's go Brandon!

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:02 pm

Beachcomber wrote:The best way to thwart the impatient check-out assistant is not to pay until you have packed all of your shopping. They can't make a start on the next customer until you have done so.

brill, lets all do it, lets start a NO PACK NO PAY CAMPAIGN, But wife as just said, yes but how do we stop them getting the hump and start putting things in bags for you, because they just put say butter in with veg or soap ect ect??think we will be slung out of the shop, because we will unpack if they do mix, ohhhhh this is going to liven up me shoppin trips ,he he he he

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Beni, having just read this out to my "grumpy old husband), tho he´s only 40...he says you did right!He´d have done the same! :D

Me?....I think you just need to have some Richmond Sausages!!! (Hope you´ve seen the advert) :lol:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Thanks everyone for your input...
And I might have to adopt the Vic. Meldrew pic. for my avatar...Thanks for that MR.B.Comber..!

Normally I'm just a real timid guy, peaceful, quiet,gentle.... :lol: ...not....

Regards,
Grumps.....

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am

I am grumpy too. I've noticed it over the last 6 months. I can see Spanish parents staring at me as I tut tut at their children, especially when they are banging on the glass of the pet shop windows with the young animals fast asleep inside. I don't know if it's my age, gender, stress, insomnia (and my dogs are getting up between 5 and 6 am) or is it just being a mum!!! I waken up really happy and spring out of bed but by 5pm ish :x Roll on fifty something!

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:18 am

Oh and I'm refusing to cook Xmas dinner and serve anyone this year :evil:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:13 am

The best way to thwart the impatient check-out assistant is not to pay until you have packed all of your shopping
well,if i am next in the que behind you waiting until you pack your shopping before paying,expect to hear sighs and groans from me!This is one of my pet hates (as a customer waiting to be served)
I always pay as soon as im told the price,and rush to pack up my stuff(or at least get it out of the way)so they can serve the next person...
P.S-Love the avatar Beni.xx

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:58 am

Peachy..Patience is a virtue....you should never be in a hurry...bad for your health... :lol:

Nice to see that some Ladies admit to be Grumpy as well, not just the blokes ! :wink:

Regards Gordon....

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:36 pm

princess peach wrote:well,if i am next in the que behind you waiting until you pack your shopping before paying,expect to hear sighs and groans from me!...
You'll just have to sigh and groan, then, but it may affect my packing ability and you would have to wait even longer. :mrgreen:
Let's go Brandon!

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:23 pm

The best way to thwart the impatient check-out assistant is not to pay until you have packed all of your shopping. They can't make a start on the next customer until you have done so.
Doesn't work in Eroski I am afraid! They have a devider which they pull across so that they can get on with the next customer while all you grumpy old things fiddle around. :lol:

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:40 pm

They can't start to ring up items for the next customer until they have issued the receipt for the previous one and they won't issue the receipt until you have handed over the money.
Let's go Brandon!

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:33 pm

The Eroski tills can run two separate counts at the same time. The other persons purchases go the other side of the divider and the cashier can start another bill. When you hand over the money she switches back to your bill.

What drives me to 'tut and sigh' at a checkout is when the cashier says the amount due and the lady purchaser - and it is alway a lady purchaser - starts looking for her purse! As if its a surprise that payment is required. :twisted:
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:31 pm

Oh well, I've never shopped there, anyway, and am never likely to!
Let's go Brandon!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Colinm wrote:The Eroski tills can run two separate counts at the same time.
Yes, a truly awful system - I do not see what the advantage is. They were much better under the old system. I just make sure I get in the way of the next customer so that the system falls down.

So much for progress!

Sid

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Well I am so glad that most members also dislike supermarket checkouts.

And as it usually takes me about two minutes to open the top of the plastic carrier bag, I'm already losing before I've started to pack my culinary goodies...and I do not like having to cram my fresh organic eggs into the bag and piling bottles of wine and litre cartons of ice cream on top, in an effort to clear the checkout for the next victim...
After all...I've just probably spent about 100 quid or the equivalent in 'Funny Money' on my shopping , surely I should receive more respect.?...Can't help remembering that my first house cost 700 quid, that's like 7 trips to the supermarket. :(
.....Ok Ok..so I'm an old codger...and that's another thing...shouldn't I be treated with more respect...now that I've got my free bus pass?

Oh Well...I suppose that I could always have supermarket home delivery,...but who would then be left to patrol the supermarkets , putting everyone in their place and righting all of the wrongs ?

And besides Supermarket Home Delivery is a bit too much like 'Meals on Wheels', and I'm not quite ready for that yet... :lol:

Happy Shopping..Everyone...

Regards,
Gordon..