Train from Malaga airport to Estepona ?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
scotty
Resident

Train from Malaga airport to Estepona ?

Postby scotty » Wed May 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Can any of you wise residents tell me if the story I heard of the building of a train link from the airport down towards Estepona is true ? Also a time scale ? Thanks.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: Train from Malaga airport to Estepona ?

Postby julian » Wed May 13, 2009 7:05 pm

yes, the train will eventually reach estepona..time scale? be finished mañana

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Wed May 13, 2009 7:41 pm

I wasn't aware that this was going to happen.
Presumably this will centre on the populated towns/villages along the coast.
Bearing in mind the Spanish penchant for building things in the areas where it will cause maximum eyesore and disruption,where will this line run.
Is it going along the coast,a few hundred metres inland,underground?
I am in the Riviera del sol area,when i eventually sell my house will i be able to say it's handy for the station.?

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Wed May 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Excellent news. Sooner the better. But on a serious note I heard it would be finished in three years........ Any takers on that ?

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Wed May 13, 2009 8:03 pm

It may well be excellent news until it runs past your front door/through your garden or
you have a red signal outside your bedroom window.
Seriously,where is this likely to run through.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed May 13, 2009 8:06 pm

El tren discurriría por el interior de esa franja costera y, en grandes cifras, tendría un presupuesto de más de 1.000 millones de euros. Sería de ancho internacional, de doble vía electrificada y con pocas o ninguna parada entre Málaga y Fuengirola, donde se conectaría con la futura línea hasta Estepona. La antigua, la actual de Málaga a Fuengirola, seguiría prestando servicio sólo para los cercanías. La nueva permitiría una velocidad media de 84 kilómetros por hora para los cercanías y de 141 km/h. para los trenes de largo recorrido.
De este modo, el trayecto entre Fuengirola y San Pedro Alcántara se podría cubrir en 15 minutos sin paradas y, caso de que se haga el nuevo ramal de altas prestaciones desde Málaga a Fuengirola, ese recorrido se haría en menos de 25 minutos frente a los 45 actuales, y se podría llegar a la capital desde Marbella en tres cuartos de hora.

i think it should be marked on the POTA maps which the town halls have to base their PGOU´s on..that clear :?

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Wed May 13, 2009 8:09 pm

I really don't think you people on the South West CDS need to worry, or anticipate, this event, if you look at the financial caveats surrounding the scheme it's about as imminent as total peace in the Middle East.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed May 13, 2009 8:11 pm

i think it would be a good thing for the coast..certainly not worried about it

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Wed May 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Bit difficult to know where the route is if you're in the UK,can't just pop down the road and have a butchers.
Does anyone actually know?

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Wed May 13, 2009 8:18 pm

julian wrote:i think it would be a good thing for the coast..certainly not worried about it
Julian,I don't know where you live,but i am on the coast and it does worry me.
spain has caused me enough stress in the past and i can do without anymore.
All I am trying to find out is where this will run.
I have no faith in the Spanish running this line where it will cause minimum distress and no faith in any system that might (more likely not ) pay any compensation.
I would just like to know where it is going to run.
I don't care if it takes,1,100 or 1,000 years to finish,I just want to know that it won't run past my front door.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed May 13, 2009 8:27 pm

if the line goes where it will cause minimum distress it will not be much use to those that need to go along the coast from malaga to places like la cala,calahonda, marbella , san pedro and estepona for example
it would cause less distress up in the hinterland somewhere, but would only be used by the odd goatherder
if we want new forms of transport there is always a down side..progress or stand still....both will be moaned at

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Wed May 13, 2009 8:28 pm

Julian agreed.
But where does the line run?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed May 13, 2009 8:30 pm

dunno, info available from town hall new PGOU maps...good excuse for a trip over to take some sun have abottle of wine and relax !

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Wed May 13, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm back on june 1st for three weeks so will check then. They might run it along AP7 and have stops at exits then a local bus to town........

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Wed May 13, 2009 9:52 pm

julian wrote:El tren discurriría por el interior de esa franja costera y, en grandes cifras, tendría un presupuesto de más de 1.000 millones de euros. Sería de ancho internacional, de doble vía electrificada y con pocas o ninguna parada entre Málaga y Fuengirola, donde se conectaría con la futura línea hasta Estepona. La antigua, la actual de Málaga a Fuengirola, seguiría prestando servicio sólo para los cercanías. La nueva permitiría una velocidad media de 84 kilómetros por hora para los cercanías y de 141 km/h. para los trenes de largo recorrido.
De este modo, el trayecto entre Fuengirola y San Pedro Alcántara se podría cubrir en 15 minutos sin paradas y, caso de que se haga el nuevo ramal de altas prestaciones desde Málaga a Fuengirola, ese recorrido se haría en menos de 25 minutos frente a los 45 actuales, y se podría llegar a la capital desde Marbella en tres cuartos de hora.

i think it should be marked on the POTA maps which the town halls have to base their PGOU´s on..that clear :?
And after a trip to Bablefish.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The train would reason by the interior of that coastal strip and, in great numbers, it would have a budget of more than 1,000 million Euros. It would be of international width, double via electrified and with few or no shutdown between Malaga and Fuengirola, where it would be connected with the future line until Estepona. The old one, the present one from Malaga to Fuengirola, would continue serving only for the neighborhoods. The new one would allow an average speed of 84 kilometers per hour for the neighborhoods and of 141 km/h. for the trains of long-haul. In this way, the passage between Fuengirola and San Pedro Alcántara could be covered in 15 minutes without shutdowns and, case that the new branch becomes of high benefits from Malaga to Fuengirola, that route would be made less than in 25 minutes against the 45 present ones, and it would be possible to be arrived at the capital from Marbella in three quarters of hour.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:45 pm

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:43 am

ty for that scotty,i couldnt sleep,julian you are again on the wrong forum
jayne countys most famous song,google it

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:32 am

I believe there will be a station at the new Euro Disney

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:30 pm

and pray tell rick, where is the new euro disney going to be this week ;)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:00 pm

It's gona be near to Manilva. I know it's true cus my friend Taffy told me, and he knows everyfin.

Thank you