community swimming pool ~ moan!

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

community swimming pool ~ moan!

Postby princess peach » Wed May 20, 2009 8:30 am

Every year the president seems to forget to apply for the licence to get the pool opened.
Last year it opened late May,this year its going to be opened end of June :shock: which also means we dont get as much time in there as it will shut at the beginning of Sept.
I appreciate that when we pay our community fees that it goes to the upkeep of the streets and other various things,but surely, isnt pure laziness on whoever applys for the pool licence and not getting it sent off quick enough..
I feel having this pool is a waste of time,It has beautiful gardens that are also shut until the pool opens.Other Urbs have their pools open all year round,why cant we?
Does anyone have any explanation for whats happening..Are anyone elses community pools opened late every year?

I dont know why im whinging about the pool,its nothing but hassle when it is opened,kids running round you when you are sunbathing,English bringing bottles of Lager into the area,along with hoards of their drinking buddies(when you are only allowed four people per household)
Other members of the Urb,bringing in their snotty stuck up elderly parents,who insist on doing lengths of the pool and causing trouble if anyone gets in their way while doing it..grrrrr...
sorry guys,had to get it off my chest..feel better now.. :D

antonia
Resident

Re: community swimming pool ~ moan!

Postby antonia » Wed May 20, 2009 11:05 am

Im really jealous PP, at least you have a pool the you can use at some point...we have nothing here and spent a fortune last year taking the boys to use one in a campsite. Going to the beach every day gets boring after a while...although the kids love it, but they end up arguing and it DRIVES ME MAD!!Summer hols are soooo long...need some variety...sorry rant over :lol: :lol:

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm

princess peach wrote: I dont know why im whinging about the pool,its nothing but hassle when it is opened,kids running round you when you are sunbathing,English bringing bottles of Lager into the area,along with hoards of their drinking buddies(when you are only allowed four people per household)
Other members of the Urb,bringing in their snotty stuck up elderly parents,who insist on doing lengths of the pool and causing trouble if anyone gets in their way while doing it..grrrrr...
sorry guys,had to get it off my chest..feel better now.. :D
Bloody hell :roll: :roll: :roll: . It sounds like I have property in heaven then. Ours is open all year round (if you fancy a cold swim) and we dont allow glass bottles or glasses in the pool area (ever). But my complex of 87 apartments is away from shops ...buses.... bars etc etc so as a result we tend not to get the "chav tourist types" thank god.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Wed May 20, 2009 1:38 pm

PP - this sounds like something to bring up at a community meeting after talking to other residents first so you have some other support.....plus making and enforcing and rules around the pool area re glass, restricting parties etc. You are entitled to use of the facilities you pay for and I am quite sure you are not alone in feeling this way.

Ama
Resident

Postby Ama » Wed May 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Swimming pools that are officialy open over 6 months a year have a permanent license. See Art. 28, section 2: http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/boja/bol ... 6/d/2.html.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri May 22, 2009 5:43 pm

I think the one in Canillas de Aceituno is only open for the Spanish school holidays, which is a shame as it's really lovely. Only 2 euros for all day and they are strict about no food and drink in the gardens and pool area. We are going out the end of next week but I'm sure the pool will be shut :(