Feria Malaga

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
fearfulfred
Resident

Feria Malaga

Postby fearfulfred » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Feria Malaga

Just been down to Malaga on a fool's errand. We were going to Leroy Merlin and Bauhaus for some building supplies. Got there and nothing was open ... it's really bad when you see Burger King closed. Too used to North America where nothing ever closes. Leroy had a notice in the window saying it was closed for the feria but Bauhaus did not even have that!

Ended up spending the morning shopping in the El Enginio Center in Velez. Only thing there we wanted from there was groceries so all in all it was the lost of most of the day to us. As our time here is limited to 3 weeks this time it takes a big chunk out of our "real working time " . I was here 2 years ago at the same period and cannot remember Leroy's being closed.

Anyway if you were planing to go there this week I'd give it a miss. Does anyone know if they will be open anytine before the 23 rd of August

Fred

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: Feria Malaga

Postby julian » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:33 pm

it´s only today they are shut, today is a bank holiday in malaga.

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Ok Thanks Julian

I was going by the note posted on the door at Leroy's . Anyway, we will make another run tomorrow and hope for the best. I really haven't got time to wait around. Thanks again for the quick response

Fred

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 pm

you could have gone to the Leroy in Marbella instead of heading to velez.sorry, bit late now !

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Yes thanks

We did see the address on the door in Malaga but thought that might be a bit of a hassle as we have not been to Marbella . Did not have the GPS with us, so Velez was in the home direction, in a round about way. As i said we'll try again tomorrow and bring along the GPS
Thanks anyway