Books and Novels to Read

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
TerryC
Resident

Books and Novels to Read

Postby TerryC » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:33 pm

I don’t know if this is advertising or not, I’m sure the Moderator will take it off if it is considered to be outside the rules, but it’s for the general benefit of hard pressed authors.
You may or may not know that I have been writing novels for some time. I thought at first I would write the books and then a publisher or literary agent would pick them up and I’d live happily ever after on the proceeds. It was only while trying to find a publisher that I found out hundreds of thousands of other people had the same idea. Getting your book published has always been difficult and in these austere times it is even more so. It seems that unless you are a “personality” or recognised author then the chances of getting published are less than one in ten thousand. Look at book advertising on TV and you’ll get the idea. Publishers want a “sure thing,” and new writers represent a very slim chance in their eyes.
However I’ve found out that there are many thousands of very good books with thoroughly entertaining stories that would not be available to the public if left up to the publishing industry, many of these books deserve to be seen and read by the general public. Like a lot of people I have gone down the self-published route which in this age of the internet is not so difficult. The next problem however is getting your novel noticed, again a major problem. To this end I have created a website where self-published authors can advertise their books FOR FREE.
www.booksandnovelstoread.com
If you know of any self-published authors looking for FREEADVERTISING for their work please pass this topic on to them or if you enjoy reading perhaps you can have a look at the website for yourself. The website caters for both printed books and eBooks and both fiction and non-fiction.
Enjoy – All the best - TerryC