Primark opening in Malaga?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Donz.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Primark opening in Malaga?

Postby Donz. » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:22 pm

I saw today in Euroweekly that there is a Primark store opening in Centro Comercial Larios in Malaga 26th Oct - that will be handy for those cheapy bits n bobs :thumbup:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Primark opening in Malaga?

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:18 am

Donz, Thank you for drawing attention to the new store opening..

Well I suppose it is another option of cheap clothing etc., however we have visited numerous Primarks and find them the scruffiest stores we've been in.
The clothing rails are so full it is almost impossible to look at any item, and usually there is so much merchandise scattered around the floor, with people walking on it.
We found some reasonable quality childrens clothes and the bedding was ok, but I think you have to look carefully for a real bargain...

Regards,
Gordon.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Primark - Pitched halfway between Dunnes and shoplifting :) :)
Hardworking resident !!

Donz.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Donz. » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:05 pm

I don't disagree that it can be a pain in the rear shop BUT when you think about how tight funds are for some people, how quickly kids get through clothes, and even us adults who get through clothes very quickly/easily due to job maybe, it's a handy option

It would be nice to be flush so we didn't concern ourselves with how much an item might cost for it to be torn or grown out of within a month but not everybody is.

Yes it's a bit of a jumble sometimes but not all the time - if you go in on a Sat it's what you expect I guess!

Don't get me wrong I am not a Primark groupie, just find it handy for bits n bobs as described (plus I also found GREAT cushions last time I was there!) - I hate getting decent clothes ruined! But I think it's sad people have to slate it so much when maybe others don't have wider options :think:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Donz,
I hope that you don't consider my comments to your posting to be 'slating' anyone who shops at Primark.
My comments were about the general way the stores are operated, and we didn't find the staff particularly helpful, the checkout operators certainly didn't look as if they were enjoying their Primark working experience.
It is, I believe a Dublin, Ireland based company...perhaps the owners are related to the Ryanair owners ... :lol:
I know that they do regularly sell 'job lots' of good brands..in my opinion these are the goods to watch out for...
I did run a small chain of discount clothing shops, in Spain, for over 12 years, so I really do appreciate that many families do need to be careful..

Anyway Happy Primark Shopping... :wave:

Regards,
Gordon..
ps...A lot of people 'slate' Ikea'....but I think that it is great... :oops:

Donz.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Donz. » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:40 pm

not particularly but I do think it's easy for people to just say 'oh I don't shop THERE' and it's this and that.

I agree, I like quality myself too but I am also realistic and like a bargain. I won't pay €10-€20 for a vest for instance that I know will last me all of 2mths if I'm lucky doing my job so am happy to pay €1.50

Ikea is a hellhole on a Sat - another one of those 'hate it but need it' type places lol!

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Ikea :evil: :evil: :evil: , only ever been dragged screaming there 3 times in my life. On each occasion I queued for 3 hours with bits of naff pallet wood in the trolley being chastised by OH for swearing and cussing..................each time it's been my turn to pay after the 48 people in front of me have mucked and messed about the till has broke and the said pieces of naff pallet wood have been junked complete with trolley back in the "viewing area".another crappy idea :evil: .

Each and every drive home from Warrington has been frosty and I've always ended up in the spare room with the cat.................bad, bad shop with 'orrible memories :thumbdown:

Never been to primark but if it doesn't have a viewing area and its tills are reliable then I suppose I could buy my yearly shirt there :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:55 pm

If I didn't have hubby with me I would still be Ikea now. I can never find the way out!!
I would have said I don't shop in Primark but went in there in Cardiff a couple of weeks ago and found a jumper with cats on it for £12 and as I was looking after a cattery in Devon for 10 days I bought it.
It contains angora and surprisingly has washed up well. I think they are good for cheap kids clothes.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Well, I am going to suprise you. One day last year I came out of the car park in Winchester and a new Primark had just opened. In the window was a nice looking short trench coat. Within 5 mins I had tried it on and bought it. Nice quality, beige with a very pale pink silk lining, about £25! I also bought some strappy flat sandals, 5 pair at a pound each, all in different colours. Probably only last one beach holiday but hey they look good. As for the rest of the store, I agree with Benni total shambles, full of crap. I am convinced that trench was a mix-up it is unbelievably good :D