Britain referendum now

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
kelly
Andalucia.com Amigo

Britain referendum now

Postby kelly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:10 pm

So glad David Cameron stuck to his view I dont really care about my silly house in Spain as I have a great house in East London.Unfortunatley I have to go to silly Seville every two weeks where theres unemployment people searching bins and over paid and underworked public workers, boy are they in for a shock very very soon..

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Re: Britain referendum now

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:18 pm

:mrgreen: Was supposed to be going out tonight but just may get meself a bag of popcorn and watch this thread :D
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:43 pm

I am all for a referendum, maybe if we went it alone we could eventually become GREAT BRITAIN again instead of gb :thumbup:
I think its only a matter of time anyway, keep patching it up is not a long term soluction :roll: :roll:
I am :roll: pleased to see we have a prime minister with balls :| at last :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:55 pm

How nice for you to be able to forget about your silly house in silly Sevilla, I do hope you are not then one of the unemployed people who have no food shelter etc maybe you could give your house to them ? A real nice gesture !

Shheshh some folks are just so full of compassion and love of their fellow men.

but for the grace of god

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Devils Advocate wrote::mrgreen: Was supposed to be going out tonight but just may get meself a bag of popcorn and watch this thread :D
You cynical barsteward...stop living up to your nick :wink: :lol: I am going to watch it too. :wave:

Seen the comments in Sur today....they really lurve the Brits :|

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 pm

kelly
Best check out your silly property. They're ransacking the place right now!

Arf arf cough.

ps ... "Call me Dave" has blown it. The 17 eurozone countries will now go ahead and push through policies which are against Britain's interests. Because the UK is now outside the inner circle of 17, we will not be able to do anything about it. "Call me Dave" has at least protected the bankers in London.

pps - if we are out of the Eu I may not get free health care so :shh:
Dave

kelly
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby kelly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Vail : actually my partner is in it with my two daughters whilst im in UK ( till next week ) as I run my own firm with a Spanish branch..and pay taxes etc etc and have never claimed a penny..notice you did not deny the bin searchers in " lovely Sevilla" hic..due to the complete lack of care by the Spanish state for the vulnerable..

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Kelly'I hope your business never fails because I would think there would be a lot of people who would be lining up to kick you whilst you was down.You must be a totally selfish person with no compassion at all!

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:26 pm

kelly wrote:Vail : actually my partner is in it with my two daughters whilst im in UK ( till next week ) as I run my own firm with a Spanish branch..and pay taxes etc etc and have never claimed a penny..notice you did not deny the bin searchers in " lovely Sevilla" hic..due to the complete lack of care by the Spanish state for the vulnerable..

ValL not Vail thanks ..... I cannot agree or disagree about people searching the bins in 'lovely' Sevilla as I seldom travel to it. I cannot see where I wrote that ? When I do go, I see many changes since I came here in early 2000. I can say I have seen people searching the bins other areas of Spain and UK when I go back. I feel sad at their hardship and misery, lucky that when I was down and nearly out I was treated with compassion by people who did not know me and climbed my way back up. I have no idea why you mention paying taxes and not claiming benefits. The system here is the Spanish not British and since have no inside knowledge of it I am not qualified to make comment. I don't think the UK is much better at looking after its vulnerable either though.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:32 pm

quebin wrote:Kelly' I would think there would be a lot of people who would be lining up to kick you whilst you was down.
Especially on here :lolno:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Mowser wrote:

. Because the UK is now outside the inner circle of 17, we will not be able to do anything about it. "Call me Dave" has at least protected the bankers in London.
Well yes the UK will be on the shore whilst the "inner circle" is sinking. There are times when it is better not to go with the flow and be Billy-no-mates. As the Guy in the Telegraph said today it is like standing on the dock waving goodbye to the Titanic

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:32 pm

Interesting article in Daily Mail - the euro has almost become a fetish....!!!
This sclerotic incoherence is summed up by the staggering fact that, once a month, the 736 members of the European Parliament, as well as thousands of officials, have to travel from Brussels to Strasbourg, followed by a fleet of lorries carrying documents — merely because the French insist that they must have sessions in both cities.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z1g52MEuQc

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:57 pm

A very astute move from Cameron. He has protected Britain's interests and precluded the requirement for a referendum in one foul swoop.
This should please the eurosceptics.

I wonder what Cleggy thinks, no, cancel that - who cares what Cleggy thinks?

kelly
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby kelly » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:23 am

i am suprised to be personally picked on by meerly stating life under the euro as I have seen since 2004 when i bought a home in Spain, rigid workforce blotaed public service everyone wanting to drive on new roads but not pay for them,everyone paying by cash ( efectivo) so no tax, etc etc, so Spain has now reaped what it has sown and it is the silly towns of Seville Marbela etc etc that have no compasion as thats where I see people young and old searching bins, In East London I may see drunks but not people so deseprate and what do the Spanish do at least the ones in public work ( functionarios ) nothing..just turn a blind eye and strike for any change to their contracts.
The City of London will continue to dominate and Cameron will be seen as the best Prime Minister for a generation, how dare that French midget just ignore him ( clip on Newsnight)..

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:26 am

If the UK pulls out of Europe what does that mean for the many pensioners that live in Europe?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:05 pm

HKM wrote:If the UK pulls out of Europe what does that mean for the many pensioners that live in Europe?
If the UK left the EU they would still be part of the EEA/EFTA and as a result very little if anything would change ie. reciprocal health care, right to reside, payment of pensions etc.

Sid

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Londons banking business was the key to it all. Without their lobbying Cameron would have capitulated.

It is a reasonable point that the Tobin Tax would have propped up the euro and cost our future British pensioners. Better that that money go directly into the Uk economy.

I hope the banks remember well yesterday. I feel they now owe the British people big time. Lets hope they do their bit to foster improved exports with none EU countries like Brazil (now a bigger economy than Britain), India (1.2billion people yet we export less to them than we do to Ireland) and even China.

I can't see our European chums awarding contracts to British firms in the future when there is a Euroland alternative. Just my view.

hiker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby hiker » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:03 pm

I'm feeling a bit scared cos I think I might be the only European Federalist on the board.... :(

Still, its worth pointing out, i think, that the agreement between the 17 and the other 9 will move the Fiscal Union and hopefully full integration a bit closer now.

Its a pity Britain is not in with the rest but in fairness Britain was never really "in".

The only thing I would say is that while David Cameron might have made this decision on behalf of Britain, how long will the Scots take it?
Is there a fear that Scotland will go her own way with closer ties in future?
putting the "ANDA" into Andalucía..:)

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:27 pm

hiker wrote:I'm feeling a bit scared cos I think I might be the only European Federalist on the board.... :(

Still, its worth pointing out, i think, that the agreement between the 17 and the other 9 will move the Fiscal Union and hopefully full integration a bit closer now.

Its a pity Britain is not in with the rest but in fairness Britain was never really "in".

The only thing I would say is that while David Cameron might have made this decision on behalf of Britain, how long will the Scots take it?

Personally I hope not. I am already sick of Salmonds divisive talk. However if they do opt for indedepence then the first shock will be that under EU rules they have to adopt the euro as their currency!! They could ask for special dispensation to keep the pound. I would vote that they adopt the Euro if asked and insist that they stand alone in all respects right down to staffing their own embassies world wide, defence, national debt share and so on.

hiker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby hiker » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:50 pm

olive wrote:
hiker wrote:I'm feeling a bit scared cos I think I might be the only European Federalist on the board.... :(

Personally I hope not. I am already sick of Salmonds divisive talk. However if they do opt for indedepence then the first shock will be that under EU rules they have to adopt the euro as their currency!! They could ask for special dispensation to keep the pound. I would vote that they adopt the Euro if asked and insist that they stand alone in all respects right down to staffing their own embassies world wide, defence, national debt share and so on.
For Scotland it would be case of exchanging one Union for another. Of course the point is moot if they have no legal right to do so.
putting the "ANDA" into Andalucía..:)