Form 210 Not Working Properly ?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
JWhite
Resident

Form 210 Not Working Properly ?

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:58 am

Hi there

It has been a while since I signed into my account here but I have a problem no-one seems to be able to help me with.

I can log into the new Form on the AEAT site and it downloads just 2 pages of the form to be completed. I managed to complete the form and when I tried to "Validate & Generate" it, instead of it producing an ID No., plus a box for signature at the bottom, and 7 pages, I instead firstly get an "error message" when I press the Validate and Generate button, then it suggests going back on the back browser button which empties out the form, and then I was told you have to import the file back which has been saved to the rout directory which it does, but when I press the Validate & Generate button again, the same thing happens, I still don't have an ID No. at the top, no signature box to be signed and dated at the bottom and no 7 pages. Also I was told there should be some information pages at the beginning which you can download and keep for the bank to use or discard. I don't get these either.

I have tried everything suggested to make the forms work properly such as :

Ensure ActiveX is installed
Tried disabling the Add-Ons
Ensure the Privacy settings are correct
Downloaded the Configurator Tool from the AEAT site for all brower settings
As I was on Windows 7, and had Google Chrome and IE7 both on my laptop at home, I unloaded Chrome in case there was a conflict and used IE7.

Nothing worked, so I decided to wait and try my computer at work to see if that made any difference as the computer there runs on Vista, still nothing, only two pages downloaded. I even had someone ring me from Spain who had had problems and thought they could help me. They had the same operating system and browser settings as me and their's worked ! Mine still doesn't after checking everything they had checked.

Can someone tell me if I have missed something? I have spent nearly a week trying to make these forms work and it is driving me nuts. Is it the AEAT site at fault ? :?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Form 210 Not Working Properly ?

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:01 pm

There should be five pages altogether. Two information pages and three that make up the declaration. Once generated properly the forms should look very similar to the old style form 210.

What does the error message say? It usually refers to a list of boxes which have not been completed properly.
Let's go Brandon!

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi Beechcomber,

No it is not that, it moves to the nex page and then an error message occurs and you have to go back.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:11 pm

What does the error message say?
Let's go Brandon!

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Basically it is in Spanish so don't really know. When I translated it, it just came up there was an error and I needed to press the "back" button on the browser. I cannot replicate it at the moment as I am at work on my lunch hour and I would have to complete the form which would obviously save it to the route directory which I can't do at work.

I think others have had this happened as I read about it on either this web site or the Torrevieja.co.uk web site where they were discussing the problems with the forms.

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:24 pm

What I did mean to add was that even before this, there are only two pages being downloaded which is strange in itself if you say there should be 5, or is this after the forms are validated and generated :?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:47 pm

This is after the forms are generated in PDF format. There is only one page to fill in initially. Ensure that you are downloading the correct form which is here:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... tml?idi=ES
Let's go Brandon!

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:16 pm

This is the same form except for the bottom section of boxes which is headed "Select the type of Statement" whereas the one I completed had the boxes at the bottom for the bank details and the box at the top of the list which I had selected which said "To Deposit".

Have I been accessing the wrong form ? :?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:26 pm

On the English version of the form the bottom section is headed 'Choose the type of tax return' and you are correct in selecting the box 'To Deposit' but, I reiterate, there is only one page to fill in at this stage.
Let's go Brandon!

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:42 pm

On the English Version which translates from Spanish when it downloads with Google - this is what is on the bottom

Select the type of statement
Positive ResultA sign Income through financial institution established abroadZero quotaZero quotaNegative ResultApplication for repayment in Spain
Return transfer through established financial institution abroadWaiver of refund payable to the Treasury Waiver of refund payable to the Treasury

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:50 pm

That's what it should say but do not use the Google translation. Download the form directly from the AEAT web site in English using this URL:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... tml?idi=En
Let's go Brandon!

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:06 pm

This is the one I had been downloading but as I say when I came to generate it, it only came off with the first 2 pages when I printed it but that was after I got the error message and went back and imported the data a second time. When I printed it off I got just 2 pages, no ID No., no signature box and no info pages. I will try again at home tonight with your link and see what happens ! One thing about it, I can fill the boxes in blindfolded, I have completed the forms that many times (lol).

I will let you know how I get on.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:27 pm

I have just completed one using Firefox on Windows XP that I had pending and it worked perfectly so it is not a problem with the AEAT site. The only thing I can think of is that there is a problem with your PDF reader but that is unlikely if you have tried it on two different computers.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi JWhite,
Are you using Adobe Reader :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:59 pm

I have just tried again to complete the forms using Beachcomber's link and the same thing happened, error message which said:

Impuesto sobre la Renta de no Residentes. No residentes sin establecimiento permanente.
Modelo 210
Respuesta errónea

Errores detectados:EN ESTOS MOMENTOS SU PETICION NO PUEDE SER ATENDIDA, CODIGO DE ERROR:0201

Para volver a la página de entrada de datos pulse el botón Atrás, Anterior, Back o término similar del navegador.
Pressed the back button imported the data and generated and the same error message.

(exclusivamente cuestiones informáticas)

I am using Adobe Shockwave Flash and Link Helper if that helps.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi JWhite,
"I am using Adobe Shockwave Flash and Link Helper if that helps"

Would have thought you need Abobe Reader to read .pdf files
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:24 pm

I also have Adobe Reader 9.5.1 installed :D

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi JWhite,
"I am using Adobe Shockwave Flash and Link Helper if that helps"

Would have thought you need Abobe Reader to read .pdf files
Sorry I was just looking at the add-ons, I have just gone into my programs file and the Adobe Reader 9.5.1. was there.

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Just downloaded the latest Adobe X 10 Reader in case that programme wasn't working properly -

No Luck ! :roll:

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Just to let everyone know that tried to help me, nothing worked.

Still haven't managed to generate the 210 Form. Tried everything in the book and couldn't get it to work on two computers !

Off to the bank with 3 copies of an unsigned form with no ID No. and stickers. If they don't accept it the Spanish tax deficit will go up by 35 euros so I don't think our contribution will stop Spain going bankrupt ! :lol: