UKIP looking ok :)

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 4401
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Cáceres Province, Extremadura

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby Lavanda » Fri May 23, 2014 9:24 pm

I did vote UKiP. However, coming out from the EU will not solve the UK national welfare mentality nor will it 'get rid' of the Islamic cultural 'threat' to the UK way of life as they do not come from the EU but are a Commonwealth link. Not everything everyone writes in the media makes sense. :?

JWhite
Resident
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby JWhite » Fri May 23, 2014 9:30 pm

I know exactly how you felt. That is how my home town became after living there most of my life. I got to the point I hated going out of the house. At first I moved to a bungalow on a little estate of bungalows in an adjoining area of what was considered some 30 yrs ago a "posh area" of high priced properties (there still are a few there though most of the large houses have been bought up by pakistani business people and their extended families). I have to say that they didn't pose a problem for us personally but I pretty soon discovered that it was no longer a high priced area for houses but completely overtaken by the overspill from Perry Barr, a suburb of Birmingham with many different ethnicities and not very nice areas not that far away. The Pakistani MP (who I had a lot of time for) was the one who highlighted the problems in Birmingham Schools and the "Trojan Horse" letter scandal.

We have now moved to a lovely area but I am only 13 miles from where I was born and brought up. We are "on the edge" of the Walsall area, 5 miles away, which today went to UKIP. Walsall has a high majority of immigrant population and some areas just off the town have seen common place murders and prostitution amongst the immigrant population during the last 20 yrs or so. It used to be a lovely old town.

For how long I have left, I don't think the "problem" will move into this area where we live as we are surrounded by bungalows of old aged pensioners (it is very much a village atmosphere) and some houses where the families (not many children) seem to have lived here forever. It is a sought after area. So hopefully I will only have to look at the problem when I go into Walsall which is not often as it is not my local shopping area. As you say spitting seems to be a common behaviour amongst immigrants and disgusts me.

I hope UKIP rockets in as short a space of time as possible to Westminster and dislodges the leeches there who have too long rested on their expensive laurels and taken us all for mugs !

markwilding
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 6566
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Bilbao Spain

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby markwilding » Fri May 23, 2014 9:43 pm

JWhite wrote: It seems people will vote for a cabbage if they think they can continue to bring grandmother Singh and her offsprings or Auntie Kowalski and her offsprings, and that is NOT racist but a fact

UkIp is not supposed to be anti-immigration. He's supposed to be anti-EU. The post you have just written would have you thrown out of the party if you were a candidate.
You keep mixing the two, people with the surname Singh haven't come from the EU.
Many people with that name aren't immigrants because they were born here and Farage says that's fine.
You keep saying you're not racist but.........

JWhite
Resident
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby JWhite » Fri May 23, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm not, I have immigrant friends and worked with a lot too but they were second generation and had worked all their lives here. My examples were not specific to particular ethnicities who come here, just examples to make a point that Labour have campaigned on keeping the borders open, or rather not closing them, same thing.

I am all for immigrants who are skilled coming here with a job to come to, ON A VISA, on a points system, with their own place to live in and not relying on benefits they have not paid in for and with their own medical insurance like we have to have to live in Spain. I am not for unskiilled immigrants who come here expecting us to feed, clothe them and put them in a house with their 4 or 5 kids (muslim culture is to have as many kids as possible) when our own people can't get a house. As for Romanian gypsies of which I saw too many before I moved, they should be stopped before they enter the UK or sent to live at No. 10, that would soon see the borders closed :lol: Farage was right, Romania should never have been allowed to join the EU, it is run by criminals and has only just come out of communism. Now we are importing the criminals here.

Mark, sounds like you live here in the UK, I thought you lived in Spain ?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 6566
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Bilbao Spain

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby markwilding » Fri May 23, 2014 10:30 pm

JWhite wrote:
Mark, sounds like you live here in the UK, I thought you lived in Spain ?

You got me :yawn:

Free at Last
Resident
Posts: 1618
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Velez-Malaga

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby Free at Last » Sat May 24, 2014 6:47 pm

I see the number of new UKIP Councillors may shortly be reduced by one - already!


http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/24/ukip-councillor-investigation-racist-homophobic-facebook-comments

Is this a record? :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 12062
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby katy » Sat May 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Here we go, not at all suprised...you do realise the other parties are as bad...stiil lets carry on smearing eh :thumbdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXWUmagwm8

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 4401
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Cáceres Province, Extremadura

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby Lavanda » Sun May 25, 2014 6:20 am

The Guardian? :lol: :lol: :lol: However, as one blogger in The Telegraph (of all places) said, some politicians, and it seems, people, still don't get it. UKiP could put up anyone and people would vote for them because people in the UK are protesting, in the nicest, most democratic way. Only a dimwit would fail to see the UK is finally in revolution. About time.

User avatar
scampicat
Resident
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:56 pm
Location: Home for Christmas! ex-Provincia de Granada

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby scampicat » Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 am

I voted UKIP in the Europeans but Conservative for my councillor (in n attempt not to split the Tory vote as the Labour council have virtually bankrupted my city (not far away from where JWhite lives). Labour got in anyway. We do have one UKIP councillor, he has defected from LibDems and has held the seat for them since the 1980s. People have voted for him rather than his party. UKIP did come second in most of the wards.

My area of my city has always been multicultural; apart from our time in Spain we have lived here since 1976. We have all got along fine. But now militant Islam is on the rampage (the minaret is just being built on the (enlarged) mosque around the corner), and Eastern Europeans fill the street with rubbish and sit in the street drinking. I've been told 'it's only their culture'. Well sorry, this is my country and it's not my culture. I did not try to change Spain when I lived there - I did vote, but I voted the way the majority of people in my village did, I went along with their wishes as I considered myself a visitor in their country.

We have always liked where we live but are particularly worried about the encroachment of Islam. To this end, we are buying a flat in a leafy area on the other side of the A41, to rent out initially, but aalso as a potential bolthole.

I think UKIP will wipe the floor in the European elections.

Free at Last
Resident
Posts: 1618
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Velez-Malaga

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby Free at Last » Sun May 25, 2014 10:14 am

scampicat wrote:I think UKIP will wipe the floor in the European elections.


They may very well do - but with a turnout likely to be no higher than 30%, all that tells us is that the majority of the British electorate doesn't care nearly as much about the issue of EU membership as UKIP supporters (and a lot of Conservatives) think they do. The Tory party has lost elections in the past because they've been preoccupied by tearing themselves apart over Europe, and they're on course to do it again.

When it comes to General Elections, what the majority of voters are most interested in is the cost of living, tax, jobs, the NHS and schools.

I see Farage is quoted in the press today as saying he will "destroy the Conservative Party" and quit politics once he has succeeded in getting Britain out of Europe. That shows up his real agenda and should give disenchanted/wavering Tory voters some food for thought.

katy
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 12062
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby katy » Sun May 25, 2014 10:20 am

Good point about voting in Spain...if I were there for the duration I would be worried about the rise of xenophobic and in some cases racist incidents in Spain. The banana throwing, police ads where the criminals all have black faces and the latest 18000 anti-Jewish comments on Twitter....don't forget, it could be yoooou next :think:

Actually, I hope Farage's agenda is to get us out of Europe...that's why I voted UKIP :thumbup:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 6566
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Bilbao Spain

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby markwilding » Sun May 25, 2014 10:43 am

Lavanda wrote:The Guardian? :lol: :lol: :lol: However, as one blogger in The Telegraph (of all places) said, some politicians, and it seems, people, still don't get it. UKiP could put up anyone and people would vote for them because people in the UK are protesting, in the nicest, most democratic way. Only a dimwit would fail to see the UK is finally in revolution. About time.

I'm a dimwit then
I see it as some people despairing that their traditional old England is fast disappearing A few people fighting against the real revolution of change.
UKIP are really nothing more than the the old tory right, which have been marginalized and have broken away to form their own party.
Farage's politics is as close to Thatcherism as is possible, Politics of yesteryear.

Free at last is correct when he writes that so few voted because the EU isn't a major priority to the great majority. I heard mentioned that 34 per cent didn't even realize there were elections.

JWhite
Resident
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby JWhite » Sun May 25, 2014 12:09 pm

I fall into that category Mark because I voted for the first time in a European election but that is because it fits my political vision of getting us out of Europe. Many people still do not make the logical association between jobs, housing, NHS etc. lack of school places, with getting out of Europe and that is what the Tories/Lab/LibDems have all carefully managed to micro manage, smoke and mirrors to deceive people into believing that the EU has nothing to do with what is happening in the UK. People do not associate being in Europe on many levels with the problems they are experiencing. People who are politically savvy do, as I did, and went out of my way to vote for Farage who echoes what I am feeling about my own country. I agree with Scampicat, my area is being taken over by Islam and it has been allowed to happen because governments have turned a blind eye to what has been happening here. The sex traffickers in Manchester, the islamification of Schools in Birmingham, Bradford, some parts of London and other areas. All put down to political correctness, councils *beep* scared to prosecute in case they were accused of racism.

As for being a disaffected Tory voter, I actually voted for Blair like millions of others who were conned by that traitor and I have always voted according to what I thought was best for the people's and the country's future. Nothing to do with being extremely far right, I am working class, my father and mother voted Tory all their lives but more to do with personal aspiration which Labour frowns on (with the exception of Blair who as I say conned the people). I listened to both Harriot Harman and Theresa May this morning and I can sum up in 4 words what the whole of the interview resulted in producing in both cases......."we are listening", "we are talking", "we are making inroads" when asked about immigration and the rise of UKIP.

Soundbites, soundbites, soundbites....... but no action, no change of heart, no recriminations - NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

This is why people are voting UKIP, you get the truth, a party that supports and wants to take action.

The rest are nothing but empty suits shining their very expensive seats in Westminster but basically doing nothing, can do nothing because of the EU.

Nimrod
Resident
Posts: 1936
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby Nimrod » Sun May 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Islamification is scary when you take note of the number of children muslims have,I'm sure a calculation has been done to check when they will be a majority in the UK.
Even scarier when you remember that Turkey wants to be a EU member.

JWhite
Resident
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby JWhite » Sun May 25, 2014 1:25 pm

If Turkey joins and we don't leave the EU, write off the UK, it is finished !

Nimrod
Resident
Posts: 1936
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby Nimrod » Sun May 25, 2014 1:28 pm

We'll be ok for kebabs though!

JWhite
Resident
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby JWhite » Sun May 25, 2014 2:47 pm

I'd rather stick with the local chippie or Iceland and keep the Turkish out of the UK thanks :wink:

masterob
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Previously Álora but now in Milton Keynes UK

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby masterob » Sun May 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Originally posted by JWhite
I fall into that category Mark because I voted for the first time in a European election but that is because it fits my political vision of getting us out of Europe.


I guess you don't "do" irony!

I find it very odd that you should be posting all this stuff about UKIP and how bad life is in the UK in a Spanish based Forum. It's probably fair to say that many members of the Forum were able to ease the move to Spain thanks to the UK membership of the EU. Not sure therefore what relevance to this Forum is all this paranoia about "foreigners" living in the UK when there are plenty of UK foreigners living in Spain!! Based on your opinions, we might expect our Spanish neighbours to be similarly hostile - fortunately they are more open minded and tolerant something seemingly missing in the UKIP lot! Let's face it Spain isn't without the unpleasant side of British yobs during the summer months.

I can only speak for myself but, to put it bluntly, I couldn't care a toss about UKIP or the supposed problems caused by EU membership. That said, when I visit the UK a few times a year I don't see the problems you outline! Can't help thinking a lot of it is the minds of the Daily Heil readers!

Nimrod
Resident
Posts: 1936
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby Nimrod » Sun May 25, 2014 4:16 pm

JWhite wrote:I'd rather stick with the local chippie or Iceland and keep the Turkish out of the UK thanks :wink:


No Turkish delight with you then :o

JWhite
Resident
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby JWhite » Sun May 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Masterbob,

I won't think I need to go over all the reasons why emigrating Spain and who does it, is completely different to emigration to the UK from ex-communist countries where criminality rules the country! People move to Spain, expect nothing, get nothing for nothing and so are treated pretty well. I would like to see the different reaction if Brits went there demanding the Spanish councils house them because they have a bunch of kids, or they walked into hospitals without private health insurance and sat in the waiting room, some 200 or so, 10 times the amount of indigineous spanish waiting to be seen in their own hospitals. Or maybe the Spanish would be happy to fill its benefits offices with British people demanding money, interpreters (free of charge of course) to keep them as they are unskilled, no English language, no means of support and lots of kids to keep !

You are comparing Apples with Oranges and expecting to get the same result :roll:

You might not be bothered about UKIP, why would you, unless they gain power and we exit the EU which would be of very big importance to you no doubt. As for what relevance it has to me on this board, my daughter and her partner have just moved to Costa Del Sol, and as in line with every other British person, sold their property, are looking for jobs (not being entitled to benefits which they do not expect), and will be contributing to the Spanish economy by means of the money they take with them and what they will earn !! So what happens with UKIP is important to me, my family and I should hope every Brit living in the EU :x

As for you not noticing anything when you return to the UK, you obviously do not return to Birmingham, Manchester, Bradford, Leicester, Leeds, Liverpool, East London and many parts of the West Midlands, when no doubt you would be of a completely different opinion !

That enough reason for you ?


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest