I need to change my name because we are moving to

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
mountainlass
Andalucia.com Amigo

I need to change my name because we are moving to

Postby mountainlass » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:33 pm

EXTREMADURA

we have fallen in love with the area, I cannot tell you why, it just suited us. So just waiting to sell our UK home and instead of Mountain Lass I will be Extremadura Lass - Can I do that! :thumbup:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: I need to change my name because we are moving to

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi,
Just add your new location to your profile ............you're always be mountainlass to us...... :D

OR

Sid can change your name as he did with Richard the Lion man............ :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

jimbothescot
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jimbothescot » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Which part of Extremadura did you fall in love with Mountainlass ? I have delivered into a small village called Santa Marta de Magasca near Caceres. The scenery is quite stunning.

Only downside I see is, I think nearest airport is Madrid and that is probably just over 3 hr drive in a car.

Hope you find a nice place where you can watch the eagles soaring.

Jimbo.

mountainlass
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mountainlass » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:32 am

jimbothescot wrote:Which part of Extremadura did you fall in love with Mountainlass ? I have delivered into a small village called Santa Marta de Magasca near Caceres. The scenery is quite stunning.

Only downside I see is, I think nearest airport is Madrid and that is probably just over 3 hr drive in a car.

Hope you find a nice place where you can watch the eagles soaring.

Jimbo.
Hi Jimbo

Glad you are here I was about to PM you :D

We were based in La Codosera and Trujillo. It truly is stunning, but then stunning is everywhere over the Spain, it was just a sense of feeling at home. :D

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:01 pm

We went on a long-awaited visit in April and the wild flowers were glorious. We very much enjoyed the trip and seeing Trujillo, Cáseres and Merida which were so scenic and interesting. The downside for us was the distance not only from the nearest airport but the sea too. It was only when we lived in similar areas of France that we found out how much we missed being relatively close to the coast .... but then that's just us :crazy: . It certainly is a very pretty and unspoilt area of the country.

mountainlass
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mountainlass » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:46 am

Wicksey wrote:We went on a long-awaited visit in April and the wild flowers were glorious. We very much enjoyed the trip and seeing Trujillo, Cáseres and Merida which were so scenic and interesting. The downside for us was the distance not only from the nearest airport but the sea too. It was only when we lived in similar areas of France that we found out how much we missed being relatively close to the coast .... but then that's just us :crazy: . It certainly is a very pretty and unspoilt area of the country.
We have never been "coastal" people, so not being near the sea, is not even a consideration for us. As for the airports, we do not have a large family/friend network here in the UK, if someone does not want to drive 3.5 hours from Madrid or 2/3 from Lisbon to see us, well, they probably do not really want to see us, our two daughters, and they to be honest are our only concern, have no issue with the distance, in fact one of our daughters already lives a 3 hour drive from us here in the uk, their attitude is, we have to live somewhere 365 days a year, they will probably visit 2/3 times a year so where we live has to be where we want to live not what is convenient for others. I am really not bothered about travelling now or in the future to an airport, but like you thats just us! :wave: However If you are not living permanently then I can see the appeal of a close airport Plus re remoteness and unspoilt nature of the area is what appeals to us and I hope it remains that way

Just need to sell the house in the UK :crazy: and off we go xxx

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:05 pm

mountainlass wrote: where we live has to be where we want to live not what is convenient for others.

I think that yours is a very wise approach. I know of people of have bought totally the wrong house so that 'all their friends and family can come to stay'. You are the ones living in it so buy what is best for you :thumbup: Good luck selling your UK home!

mountainlass
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mountainlass » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:23 pm

Wicksey wrote:
mountainlass wrote: where we live has to be where we want to live not what is convenient for others.

I think that yours is a very wise approach. I know of people of have bought totally the wrong house so that 'all their friends and family can come to stay'. You are the ones living in it so buy what is best for you :thumbup: Good luck selling your UK home!
Thanks That is our opinion as well.

We have had a couple come today, and they have made an offer..... we turned it down, they are going to make another offer on Monday
:thumbup: :thumbup: