carrowcrin

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

carrowcrin

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:18 pm

you have been chastised. I bet you think your back at school LOL. Don't take it personally, it happens to all of us.

carrowcrin
Resident

Re: carrowcrin

Postby carrowcrin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:29 pm

i have not being chastised at all but a forum that is not interested in the view of its members is in my humble opinion in trouble, i just pass the time and do not take the whole thing too seriously as one of the bosses said there is loads of places to get info.

regards and thanks for the thought me.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Most Spanish fora seem to be "in trouble" with only a few posts each day. People have gone over to Twitter and Facebook.

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Not surprised Katy, when you can't air your views and discuss topics its a sorry state of affairs.

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:02 pm

carrowcrin wrote:i have not being chastised at all but a forum that is not interested in the view of its members is in my humble opinion in trouble, i just pass the time and do not take the whole thing too seriously as one of the bosses said there is loads of places to get info.

regards and thanks for the thought me.
Because i made a mistake and did not say that the boss who gave me the advise was from this forum.
When i went back to the PM to retrieve the actual comment the link will not work or is the whole system broken.

[email protected]

10:20 PM (20 hours ago)

to me
Hello carrowcrin,

You have received a new private message from "El Cid" to your account on
"Andalucia.com" with the following subject:

Forum

Edit. It is totally unacceptable to post private PMs on the forum. They are messages between members and under no circumstances may they be posted on the forum. Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Let's keep this in perspective and don't start a slanging match.
Andalucia.com, which this forum is part of, is a commercial enterprise that is supported by paid advertisers.
They have a strict rule that free adverts are not allowed.
Sid, who is a volunteer and does a good job of moderating this forum, might have been a bit heavy handed in his reply to carrowcrin, we all have our off days, but I, for one, fully support his not allowing free adverts and spam on this forum.
I have been a member of various other forums that have not been moderated and they have been taken over by the spammers. I don't want to see this happen here.
There might not be a high number of postings on this forum but they are usually of a high quality and it is a forum that you can find good, and accurate, advice and help on a whole range of subjects.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:42 pm

First of all i want to thank costakid for bringing this up as i was gone.
There is no slagging match for me but i seen the original post and thought it was a compliment to the forum that a mass media organization would "come to us" for information.
Since this is an information service (media) i was personally disappointed that we refused to work with a media organization that were promoting exactly what we are about.
I do not know what you are talking about when you talk about your experience and the said Cid is a pussover for me considering he blocked what i believe were two valid topics, one by the media and one by me, he must be busier today tan the last few days.
Everyone has the right to reply so we will see what happens

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Everyone does not have the right to reply though. The whole thread could be deleted, it has happened before.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:00 pm

carrowcrin wrote:First of all i want to thank costakid for bringing this up as i was gone.
There is no slagging match for me but i seen the original post and thought it was a compliment to the forum that a mass media organization would "come to us" for information.
Since this is an information service (media) i was personally disappointed that we refused to work with a media organization that were promoting exactly what we are about.
I do not know what you are talking about when you talk about your experience and the said Cid is a pussover for me considering he blocked what i believe were two valid topics, one by the media and one by me, he must be busier today tan the last few days.
An abject lesson in NOT to reply and submit whilst angered, but if you do then strongly suggest a prior reread, and that spell checker and grammar are implemented.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:04 pm

I didn;t see the media company post but was it asking for experiences of spain or was it touting for viewers or selling something,
If the former I would've thought that was legit,if the latter then that is obviously verboten.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:14 pm

It was touting for people to sign up to appear on the C4 Place in the Sun programme..

These posts are spammed all over the expat forums on a regular basis and are usually removed immediately.

If anyone feels that they have missed a huge opportunity to become a reality TV star, then they can easily contact Channel 4 directly.

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Place in the Sun are still misinforming on their programmes. They also advertise some illegal properties on their website. :thumbdown:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:03 am

To add to Cids comments, C4 also put an email address on there post which again is against forum rules.
Nobody wants this forum spammed out as I'm sure all of us have benefited greatly from some of the sound advice on given here. We most certainly have.

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:12 am

I was 'chastised' by Sid (the grumpy old git) some time ago and I survived it. This is a tremendous forum full of good advice both general and specific. Long may it remain so!
Graham

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:47 am

El Cid wrote:It was touting for people to sign up to appear on the C4 Place in the Sun programme..

These posts are spammed all over the expat forums on a regular basis and are usually removed immediately.

If anyone feels that they have missed a huge opportunity to become a reality TV star, then they can easily contact Channel 4 directly.

Sid
Sid,

Thanks for clarification on this I was not aware these posts are spammed as this is really the only forum i use for this purpose, if in had being aware of this i would not have bothered.

Personally i see easyjet, ryanair and a few others (jimbo etc) that are mentioned from time to time as being part of this Spanish life we all involved in, i also put this programme in the same box.
When it comes to splitting hairs about rules i will generally go missing.

Regards me

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:48 am

firsttango wrote:
carrowcrin wrote:First of all i want to thank costakid for bringing this up as i was gone.
An abject lesson in NOT to reply and submit whilst angered, but if you do then strongly suggest a prior reread, and that spell checker and grammar are implemented.
firsttango.. i was NOT angry at any stage, spelling and grammer only only required at school.

Emma Styles

Postby Emma Styles » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:56 am

firsttango wrote:An abject lesson in NOT to reply and submit whilst angered, but if you do then strongly suggest a prior reread, and that spell checker and grammar are implemented.
Spell checker not working!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:55 am

Spell checking works for me. It won't pick up 'Abject' because that is a proper word. It only checks the spelling of words not the context in which they are being used.
Let's go Brandon!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:22 pm

Well it is a first post :lolno:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:20 pm

the phrase used is quite correct - it is 'abject' not 'object' :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)