The Beer Diet

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: The Beer Diet

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:19 pm

ajtg1952 wrote: My local Spanish bar, which I visit every night [except Monday], has even got in pint glasses just for me. The locals are bemused that I can drink from such a large glass, and even more bemused that I down the first of the night in a couple of minutes!
Someone has been taking the urine....go into any bar in and around Comares and order a 'tanka' of cerveza, or my favourite quencher 'clara con limon'. A good bar will get the pint (approx) glass out of the freezer, and present you with a gorgeous frosted delight. Usual price is twice that charged fir a 'tubo'.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:27 pm

Update. In 10 weeks of substituting 7-Up, Sprite and fruit juices with alcohol-free beer (San Miguel 0%) I have lost 3kgs. That's 6.6lbs. That's without any alterations to my eating at all — just not drinking sugar-laden drinks. It's amazing. :shock: :clap:

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:06 pm

As an enforced Sin Alcohol person, I have tried most available. The german supermarket that is not Lidl has an own brand that is very acceptable and only 25c per 330ml, otherwise Alhambra sin is very good. I will not drink San Mig 0.0 as it has a strange aftertaste.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:59 am

That's good Lavanda! Just shows how much sugar was in all those drinks. We have started to look at the sugar content of yogurts and other similar desserts and they are quite scary. I noticed that the Linesse brand of yogs in Lidl had more sugar than their usual make which is a bit naughty. They may be lower in fat but have more sugar. Some pots have about 4 spoonfuls in and my OH has stopped buying arroz con leche as they were so sweet. I make my own in a big batch and freeze some and use far less sugar.

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:42 pm

From what I read there isnt any less sugar in non alcohol drinks than the alcohol ones. In fact some websites even say the sin alcohol version contain more sugar as there is less amount of sugar had been converted to alcohol.
Congratulation for the weight loss but I think perhaps the reason for the weight loss was due to you stopped drinking 7 up, Sprite and fruit juices.. These are laden with sugar whether nature in fruit juices or adding in by manufacturers and often contain more calories than the alcohol drinks.