What do the Spanish think about a Brexit?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: What do the Spanish think about a Brexit?

Postby markwilding » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:07 pm

flyeogh wrote:
The point about how many Brits speak a different language was a reponse to your observation that Brits would need to speak at least one foreign language and that is a red herring. It's actually not relevant because business tends to be conducted in English anyway.
So these European based employees will live in English speaking gettos and be unable to communicate with fellow workers. And their children will presumably be taught in International schools. And their partners spend their time in english speaking coffee mornings.

Mark that doesn't add up.

What have English speaking communities got to do with it? That's only one part of immigration from the UK to Spain.

flyeogh
Resident

Postby flyeogh » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Mark you clearly have a point to make here that I'd like to understand. Can you give an example of what jobs Brits in Spain will lose out on?

Language may in your view be a small part of immigration but it is a fundamental reason many immigrants fail.
El raton de watford

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:32 pm

The point is 'What do the Spanish think about Brexit' I am finding it stranger and stranger that hardly a Spanish person I speak to thinks it its a good idea for Britain to leave while other posters are seemingly finding Spanish people who think Spain should leave like confetti.

Not one I've spoken to this week has agreed with this sentiment.

I know someone who has always been Anti EU but he's anti everything and supported ETA so he's difficult to take seriously.

Your other argument has completely lost me.
Mine put quite simply, freedom of movement has benefitted the British as well as the rest of the EU.