How are the rainfall totals holding up?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
olive
Andalucia Guru

How are the rainfall totals holding up?

Postby olive » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:52 pm

We don't seem to have had any appreciable quantity of rainfall this Autumn and Winter. I reckon we are only about 9 weeks away from the weather setting in for unbroken dry weather till Autumn.

I know we have a few mm forecast most days for this week but has anyone got records ( I know you will have some to hand Cid) or know of a website that shows figures for an area e.g. Poniente? Anyone else feel we haven't had very much?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: How are the rainfall totals holding up?

Postby El Cid » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:19 pm

For this winter from September to the beginning of February, we have had 178mm of rain.

Looking at the expected rainfall from now on, the average rainfall from 1st Feb to 1st June is 150mm. The wettest year was 2010 when we had 294mm and the driest was 2012 when we only had 61mm.

You may find this site useful

[url]http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/agricult ... roller[url]

Sid

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:19 pm

For this winter from September to the beginning of February, we have had 178mm of rain.

Looking at the expected rainfall from now on, the average rainfall from 1st Feb to 1st June is 150mm. The wettest year was 2010 when we had 294mm and the driest was 2012 when we only had 61mm.

You may find this site useful

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/agricult ... Controller

Sid

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi,
Sid's figures pan out in real life.........
Winter 2009- 2010, loads of rain, bottom well overflowing, water oozing out lower area of the land, all the olives beaten into the mud with the heavy rain .
This winter, wells very low, ground dry, olive trees in lower area little or no crop.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Similar scene here (Axarqua Alta) ... water from stream almost all being diverted into acequias/irrigation channels ... never known that to happen in winter before ... garden/earth very dry ... am having to water plants and shrubs ... even the storm which occurred a couple of weeks ago brought only a sprinklng of rain here ... I hope we get some proper/contnuous rain soon ... otherwise summer is going to be very dfficult ...