The distruction of PP?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
flyeogh
Resident

The distruction of PP?

Postby flyeogh » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Now the head of Madrid PP resigns. Esperanza Aguirre says she is not involved in the corruption but takes responsibilty.

So we can expect a load of arrest warrants hopefully. I can't imagine she'd go, especially while Rajoy continues his dillussional desperate attempt to cling to some sort of power, if she didn't know that many of her colleagues were guilty.

I can see that Ciudadanos could be the big winners of another election if they can hammer the nails of anti-corruption into the PP's coffin. And without a sustainable PSOE/Podemos majority it looks like that is likely.

Could this really be the fresh start that many of us hoped for back in Puerta del Sol with DRY/M-15? I really would like to think so but there is a long way to go yet.

At least the jobless total should go down as they employ much needed prison constructors and officers :D
El raton de watford

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: The distruction of PP?

Postby Lavanda » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Certainly Rajoy's position is looking more and more ridiculous. He's not been charged with corruption, neither has Aguirre, but they are the leaders of people who have been charged — but not yet found guilty. If neither of them knew what was going on under their innocent noses then they are incompetent but if they did know, and did nothing about it, then they are complicit. In Aguirre's case she is willing to accept some responsibility. In Rajoy's case, he doesn't seem to understand what is going on around him The PP may not survive if he continues to cling to power and continues to want to 'lead' the party. For the survival of the party he should go. Only my opinion, of course.