Washing machines etc.

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Free at Last
Resident

Re: Washing machines etc.

Postby Free at Last » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Mine appears to be the same, only the lower spin speed can be used with the synthetics programme. I don't think it's going to be a problem for me as the only 2 programmes I will ever use will be the cotton rapid wash (the actual time taken is only 55 minutes as I always wash in cold water and it obviously cuts down the wash time if the machine doesn't have to heat the water) or the 30 minute quick wash. Crazy to have all those programmes and only use two, but I bet most people never use most of the options available with their machines.

At least I can use the cold wash option with any of the programmes, which is something I really wanted to keep. I think that saves more energy than anything else, and as long as I use liquid detergent rather than powder, which doesn't dissolve properly in cold water, and treat any stains with a stain remover spray before washing, then the cleaning performance is fine.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Washing machines etc.

Postby katy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Yes, I only use a couple of programmes. Mine has a jeans programme too :crazy: never used it, probably takes about three hours. At least yours has the ten years guarantee, that's great. Measly two for mine.