mowser

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: mowser

Postby El Cid » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:02 pm

If you had bothered to check you would see that I closed it a few hours ago and posted to that effect.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:37 am

Oh wow. So sorry to hear this. Mowser was a great help to me providing advice about moving to frigiliana. seemed to be a really nice guy.thoughts are with his family

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:16 am

You get it real bad some days cid. quite nasty how you answer if things are not as you wish.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:26 pm

I thought Sid was quite reserved. I would have just deleted your useless post.
If you are going to try to tell a moderator how to moderate, you might get your facts right first.

Which all detracts from a thread to mourn the passing of a valued forum contributor!

RIP Mowser

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:19 am

WHITE HORSE, WHATEVER. Some of your comments are worse than useless. People in glass houses and all that. I only asked him to close a thread that had doubled up through the forum upgrade. I guess your so clever you should apply to be a mod.

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:12 am

On things for sure, Mowser would have enjoyed this little tiff!

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:26 pm

You didn't ask him, you instructed him, costakid (OK, you did put a 'please' at the end of your instruction). As Sid had already done it and told us all that he'd done it, reading your 'order' would have been annoying. A comment from you such as 'Oops, sorry Sid, I hadn't noticed' would have been the right thing to do.

I wasn't going to comment but ajtg1952 is right, Mowser would have had something amusing to say about this, I loved his wry sense of humour.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:39 pm

A lot of would be moderators around, why not just let it rest and be a bit respectful :idea:

I was going to quote a one line joke from Mowser which was in Guru den but it's gone, was about boxer shorts. Anyone remember it?

Mowser was also good at analysing posts. We used to do spot the troll/multi persona by PM. I wondered if he used to work at GCHQ :wink: On one I said I was going to post something in Amigos and he said I suppose I am going to have to go down and stalk you then :D Though we had to agree to disagree about immigrants.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:14 am

IreneD wrote:You didn't ask him, you instructed him, costakid (OK, you did put a 'please' at the end of your instruction). As Sid had already done it and told us all that he'd done it, reading your 'order' would have been annoying. A comment from you such as 'Oops, sorry Sid, I hadn't noticed' would have been the right thing to do.

I wasn't going to comment but ajtg1952 is right, Mowser would have had something amusing to say about this, I loved his wry sense of humour.
I said please and sid was rude and you want me to oops sorry. Not a chance.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:54 pm

This is a memorial thread paying respects to Mowser. Any further off topic comments will be deleted.
Let's go Brandon!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:25 pm

I have not been on here for a while, sorry to read about Mowser, condolences to Mrs Mowser and family x

Mariacristina
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariacristina » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:32 pm

I have only just picked up on this post. I am so very sorry . . . . such a nice man, funny and helpful. He will be missed.

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:05 pm

I have only just found out that Dave is no longer with us.
What a shock.
My ex husband and I used to sell 2nd hand books at markets and we always looked forward to seeing him and Ann.
Campo Steve please pass on Roger and my condolences.
Sheila Thompson

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:12 am

Just to update. Ann is struggling along. She has had so many problems since David died, not least dealing with property issues.
Some may have noticed a lack of Campo Steve's posts of late. Steve has been fighting a brain tumour over the last few years and has now gone back to the UK so they are near their daughters. He's undergoing more treatment at the moment.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:38 am

Thanks for the update ajtg 1952, so sorry to hear things have been so difficult following David's death. Best wishes to Campo Steve for successful treatment and hope to see him posting again soon.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:24 pm

Gosh! Poor Campo Steve. Please give him my best regards. The thing about being a forum member for a few years is that you get to 'know' other members and do notice when they don't post. I wish him well with the treatment.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:49 pm

I have corresponded privately via pm with Steve over the past couple of years, as I have had treatment for a (secondary) brain tumour.
Please pass on my best wishes to him.

Please also pass on my best wishes to Mowser's widow, Ann. I know how difficult it can be trying to deal with all the problems that can emerge following your husband's death, and it must be even harder in a foreign country

Thanks
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)