Brits in Spain

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Re: Brits in Spain

Postby IreneD » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Duh! Of course! I never shut up, do I? :lol:

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:06 am

I am only here because of katy.

anyroads

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:04 am

I am thinking of moving to Facebook. That's where this forum seems to be getting all the cutting edge news from these days :lolno: you get likes too and I can tell my family how much I love them, show off holiday photos, food photos etc.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:10 pm

I wouldn't bother, if that's where you get your information from.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:21 pm

haha. Don't worry Katy, they would be lost without you here

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:26 pm

I didnt think much of the politico speech from either side. I had already made up my mind after careful thought over a period of years. Used to be an avid europhile though.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:39 pm

katy wrote:I am thinking of moving to Facebook. That's where this forum seems to be getting all the cutting edge news from these days :lolno: you get likes too and I can tell my family how much I love them, show off holiday photos, food photos etc.
Mark, 'twas tongue in cheek :) I forgot :wink: :wink:

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Do you not have a facebook account, Katy? I thought I'd seen the occasional reference to facebook from you, maybe I'm mistaken.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:06 pm

I can read them but never posted. I am a bit nosey too :lol: I get an email about every two weeks which says have a look what your friends have been up to, so I do. They aren't close friends though, and others are distant relatives. They don't seem the people I knew, really false. :(

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:48 pm

Yes, although I am a total facebook addict, I would be the first to admit it's a funny old place. It gives a very one dimensional view of (for instance) my life. I only ever post happy stuff, and photos of our beautiful area etc. - nothing 'deep'. It's all the information that keeps me glued, really - I 'like' so many pages and belong to several groups, lots of diversity on facebook and it isn't all mindless pap. I've just read this (you'll like this, Katy :lol: )http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/27/nevermin ... -deal.html shared by a Brexit friend who lives in the UK. I also like lots of the health pages, being something of a hypochondriac.

Anyway, sorry, going off topic - Brits in Spain...........well, we're all totally obsessed with the result of the referendum, some of us in my area are absolutely in bits and I'm not exaggerating. I haven't come across a Brexiter here but maybe there are some. No, actually, that's not quite true - on one of the local group pages on facebook there have been a few, causing mayhem and upset (not fb friends of mine, I hasten to add!). Stick to moderating A.Com, Sid - polite people here, by comparison :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Don't apologise for going off topic, breath of fresh air. Ha ha.