Forum Gone Very Quiet

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
pthomas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Forum Gone Very Quiet

Postby pthomas » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:16 pm

Hello Philippa here, new poster. Having recently moved to the area and stumbled upon the Forum a few months back I have been enjoying reading many of the posts and hearty debate by many of the posters. The range of opinion and frequency of posts led me to become a member. Sadly in recent days many of what were interesting and bouyant threads have simply died. Can anyone highlight as to why?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Forum Gone Very Quiet

Postby costakid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Welcome to the forum. Lots of useful info on here but a lot of the threads became the Sid and Katy show. That may be why.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Precisely. I have stopped posting for fear of being castigated for saying something which wasnt approved of, which seems to be what has been happening recently.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:58 pm

Welcome to the forum, Philippa. I think those threads have run their course - they did go on for many pages, eventually everything gets said, I suppose. I also found them entertaining to read, although didn't join in much.

pthomas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pthomas » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Thanks Irene, it just seems Brexit never happened such has been the distinct lack of any comment whatsoever in the recent days.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:22 pm

They may revive again, Philippa, if something new happens. Hopefully without any squabbling lol. Discussion is good, squabbling.....not so much ;)

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Everyone's gone to the beach. Same every year at this time. Unless there's another 9/11, 720, loss of TV stations or Bre-entry, it'll be quiet for a while now.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

pthomas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pthomas » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:29 pm

costakid wrote:Welcome to the forum. Lots of useful info on here but a lot of the threads became the Sid and Katy show. That may be why.
Thanks Costa, that sounds like a 1960's U.S Sitcom :)

pthomas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pthomas » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Miro wrote:Everyone's gone to the beach. Same every year at this time. Unless there's another 9/11, 720, loss of TV stations or Bre-entry, it'll be quiet for a while now.
Yes that's understandable, however, maybe the news that the U.K is going to have it's 2nd Female P.M may generate some interesting debate :lol:

pthomas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pthomas » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:35 pm

truebrit wrote:Precisely. I have stopped posting for fear of being castigated for saying something which wasnt approved of, which seems to be what has been happening recently.
That's a big shame but you shouldn't let it stop you posting your views etc, but point noted.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:46 pm

costakid wrote:Welcome to the forum. Lots of useful info on here but a lot of the threads became the Sid and Katy show. That may be why.

Are you sure about that, Sid had very little input into the Brexit threads. It used to be mainly Mike and I who played tennis politely, most of the time.:wink: then there was the three stooges, now two :mrgreen: you have to be very thick skinned to enter these threads. But welcome, nice to see new posters. :wave:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Katy for PM :lol:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:54 pm

katy wrote:

Are you sure about that, Sid had very little input into the Brexit threads.
You are quite right, Katy. Much as I would like to voice my own opinions, probably quite strongly, being a moderator effectively restricts what I can say without getting my opinions in conflict with my position as a mod.

Sid

pthomas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pthomas » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Katy thank you for the welcome, totally lost by your "then there was the three stooges, now two" comment, but expect seasoned members understand. As to thick skinned, I worked for many years as a divorce lawyer with primary clients in the entertainment sector, so given a level playing field, even a very sloping one on occasion will always stand my ground. But all that's behind me, just here for banter, info and the pace of Spanish life.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:10 pm

You should be ok. on here after working in the entertainment sector, Brother and son in law works in it too. Divas R us :wink: :lol:

lmj56
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lmj56 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Welcome pthomas.
Enjoy the banter, re the three stooges post by Katy, don't worry many haven't a clue what she's on about anyway.
Be good to see a female PM maybe.
Probably Mrs May, as best of a bad bunch?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:30 pm

Hello pthomas. Forum members may simply be exhausted. I spent so many hours reading the long threads, gathering my thoughts and posting that I now have to turn my attention to the rest of my life for a bit. Things will hot up again in the run up to the election of the new PM (by the Tory Grassroots) in the UK and, of course, the forming of some sort of government in Spain. Watch this space, and, why not start more threads to get us all excited again.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:33 pm

"it just seems Brexit never happened " That is the thing - it hasn't yet! Next topic possibly will be "Theresa May ain't Maggie!"
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

pthomas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pthomas » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Yes absolutely my error, for clarity beyond doubt, leaving the sentence unopen to "word play" I should have added "Vote or Thread" to Brexit. Thank you for pointing this out.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Peter, god help us, i hope Theresa May is not another Maggie!! ( but this is where you take note pthomas because then i will say however i know some of you will have loved her!..just trying to avoid being shot down but i may still be.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes Katy is right you do have to be thick skinned on the forum and it takes some getting used to but its a good forum :thumbup: :wave: