Holiday Blues

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Holiday Blues

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:25 pm

Having returned from Andalucia last Sunday the Holiday Blues are now kicking in and especially when i know it will be some months before we will return in March/April..

It may be a daft question but do any of you living in Spain have the Blues after you have been back to visit the UK?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Holiday Blues

Postby gerryh » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:53 pm

I only have the Blues when I am on one of my rare visits to the UK.
Can't wait to get back home here in Spain.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:58 pm

I am the same. My home is Spain and I spend the absolute minimum amount of time in the UK.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:25 pm

No Blues, I always feel like I'm going on holiday, not sure why though because I work here.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:55 pm

I go back to the UK twice a year for 4/5 days each time (occasionally longer if there's a family need for it) and before the end of that time I am always longing to get back to Spain. I've never felt that way about going to the UK since we moved here 10 years ago. My husband hasn't been back for well over 5 years and would not care if he never went again.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:34 am

I really hate going back to the UK

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:44 pm

If we had our own place in the UK, I'm sure I would be just as happy there but we have to stay with family on our trips back. That's fine, we all get on and we don't stay long enough to become a nuisance (or we haven't got the feeling we are a nuisance, maybe that's a more accurate way to put it :think: ). As it is, I am always ready to come home, to have our own 'space' and not have to consider anyone else. I have been looking at home swaps in the East Midlands recently, that might work well for us......

Spain is definitely home now, but whether that is purely because our bricks and mortar are here, I'm not really sure. I get the blues more when family have visited us here and then they go home. Both OH and I are properly in the doldrums for days afterwards.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Irene...i can relate to your post..I'd get the blues too if i lived in Spain permanently and my family had visited us then went off home..

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:13 pm

If I could keep them here, I'd be very happy all the time, Pamela :thumbup:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Yes..i know what you mean Irene...Family is icing on the cake! :thumbup:

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:52 pm

I really enjoy going back to England because I go to London, and I love it, but, 5 days max. I breathe a big sigh of relief when I touch down at Malaga airport.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am

I have the holiday blues when I return from Andalucia and I don't even live there

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Much the same for me .... when the plane starts its decent to Malaga I feel I am coming home. I too only go back to the UK usually once a year and just for a few days which is enough. I wouldn't mind going there on holiday to see places I have never visited (Pembokeshire coast looks wonderful, when it's sunny of course!), but that's all it would be and I can't imagine I would be sorry to come back home again.

I can well remember when our house here was a holiday home that we came to 4 times a year and I was always counting down the days to our next visit. I guess that is why we ended up coming here permanently as we couldn't bear to stay away.

jeffcaz02

Postby jeffcaz02 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi Im new to the forums. We are hoping to move to Spain in particular Andalusia NEXT YEAR, im not well with my mood or my health when not in the beautiful warmth of the med sun. Can not wait to feel human again during the winter months. I doubt we will be making trips back to the UK not ever once im out im out. My Husband will have to still work once we move which is why were not moving until next year, hopefully he will be able to secure work in that time.

Hope you lucky people are enjoying the beautiful sun.

Carol & Jeff