Good to watch

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
flyeogh
Resident

Re: Good to watch

Postby flyeogh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:32 pm

Just saw Lion. Excellent sad/happy film. Based on real life and beautifully done. Makes me grateful for the life I've had.

Acting was excellent. Sunny Pawar and Dev Patel, both as Saroo were brilliant. Nicole Kidman as ever great. But all round good stuff. No surprise it has such a list of nominations.

Thoroughly recommend it :thumbup:

The spanish for those interested is simple enough. It doesn't have an overload of dialogue but lots of atmosphere.
El raton de watford

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Now seen I, Daniel Blake. Very good, but rather worrying. Shades of Hacienda in Málaga about it for me....and there I was, thinking it was just Spain :shock:
How come on the one hand you hear all these stories (admittedly in the Daily Mail or such like) about Romanians or whoever claiming every benefit known to man and some more for their 17 kids, and on the other hand, this film depicts a good, decent, honest hard working British born Geordie who can't get through the red tape and bureaucratic silliness to get what's rightfully his?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

flyeogh
Resident

Postby flyeogh » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:30 pm

Just saw Rogue one : Star Wars. Left 5 mins before the end. Same formula, nothing new, graphics not great, but with less likeable robots and no strong lovable characters.

If you are a Star Wars fanatic I guess you will have to tick the box but ............ :thumbdown:

As for spanish the dialogue is rather limited so not too important.
El raton de watford

MartinBeard
Tourist

Postby MartinBeard » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Not sure if any of you are into thrillers with a slightly comedic twist, but I would strongly suggest that you check out the movie "Get Out", it had some really good ratings (which I usually don't pay attention to). This time around though, it was warranted and I really enjoyed it, despite the creepy parts...

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:58 am

Just watched a cam version(part of) of Kong....will wait a bit longer but looks like a worth watching film.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Just watched the Sky Atlantic 4 part Oliver Stone "The Putin Interviews" on Sky Atlantic.....very interesting and a compelling watch.....didn't duck a single question or do give any "No Comment" answers. Came across as very charismatic.
I So Bella tis you

truebrit
Resident

One to watch

Postby truebrit » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:11 pm

A film worth watching......The Zookeepers Wife.....well worth seeking out. It is available on Zen on Kodi in 1080.think I have posted this in the wrong area, please feel free to move. I tried but couldn't. Sorry.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Posted wrongly so will post again... The Zookeepers Wife....truly lovely film. Worth hunting out. It is available on Kodi in Zen.