Trump good for expats????

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
flyeogh
Resident

Trump good for expats????

Postby flyeogh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:06 pm

The man tipped to be Donald Trump's ambassador to the European Union has told the BBC the single currency "could collapse" in the next 18 months.

He also said Britain could agree a "mutually beneficial" free trade deal with America in as little as 90 days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But could be us expats see a rising pound over coming months. Perhaps those during the last rise above 1.40 who forecast a 1.50 might even get their way :D

Not sure how I should handle this. Can't stand Trump but he may make me money :mrgreen:
El raton de watford

gus
Resident

Re: Trump good for expats????

Postby gus » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:15 pm

These forecasts sound like the SALE adverts in the shops .... " UP TO 70% off".... 1p off fulfils the legal requirements for that kind of ad!
I'm not sure about trump making you money....unless you have a stock of nuclear shelters for sale :-)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:57 am

The SALEs have had their day.
Let's go Brandon!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:58 am

Who knows what will happen but politics has never been so detached from 'real' life. It's bizarre that societies still think they need 'government' by people less-able and less-qualified that the average person walking down the street. Totally bizarre.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Great response to Trump's inauguration by the Netherlands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELD2AwFN9Nc
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

flyeogh
Resident

Postby flyeogh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:59 am

Miro love it. :lolno: :lol: :D Especially the Spanish, scumbags, they are all dead now :wink:
El raton de watford

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:43 am

Lavanda wrote:Who knows what will happen but politics has never been so detached from 'real' life. It's bizarre that societies still think they need 'government' by people less-able and less-qualified that the average person walking down the street. Totally bizarre.
That's a good and pretty accurate observation!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:44 am

Miro wrote:Great response to Trump's inauguration by the Netherlands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELD2AwFN9Nc
The Dutch are great people and have always had a great sense of humour!

flyeogh
Resident

Postby flyeogh » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:46 pm

Interesting the pound rallied a bit and then in recent hours was hit by the Bank of England upgrading short term growth and thus inflation. The BofEngland forecast only impacts the next 12 months returning to a gloomier picture in 2018. But inflation will push up pensions.

I must admit I find it odd living a double life. Bad news in the UK can reap me benefit. Bad news in the EU can reap me benefit. And vice versa. I prefer backing one horse in a race but c'est la vie.

On the Dutch video my Spanish family loved it, even 'they are dead now".
El raton de watford

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:38 pm

Not sure why Germany or Spain would want to ditch the Euro just because NL or France drops out. Somehow it feels more likely that US and/ or Britain falls apart before the Euro vanishes.