Making Money via Youtube...Does anyone here have a Youtube Channel?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
linajeff
Tourist

Making Money via Youtube...Does anyone here have a Youtube Channel?

Postby linajeff » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Hallo guys. Well since i will be fulltime in the house after we move to Andalucia..i was wondering if anyone here has a Youtube channel? I would love to get tips on how one could start a successful channel, well as a hobby of course, but the rules of the game have changed and so many people out there are getting cheques at the end of the month from this platform. Would love to get your ideas on this matter. I hope all of you are doing well :angel:
:wave:

Flexo
Resident

Re: Making Money via Youtube...Does anyone here have a Youtube Channel?

Postby Flexo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:46 pm

I gave up the plans quite early... in order to make money on Youtube you need to make both investments in time and preferably some money. You need to learn quite a bit (from a n00b perspective) about sound engineering and video editing and you have to strictly obey their rules in order to get a dime. Start making videos for fun first, see how they work before you try to put them in the commercial program. There are plenty of videos about the subject on Youtube but what I have gathered is that it is more work than you think, most of the ones that actually make money spend more than 9h per day doing videos.

linajeff
Tourist

Postby linajeff » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:32 pm

You have some pretty good pointers. Though i must say it would have been nice if someone here had a Youtube channel :clap: I will be starting one soon, i would love to make videos on cooking. I enjoy it so much. I would do it as a hobby, and if it develops into something else then perfect, but thats not exactly my intention.

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Simplest advice I can give is to learn basic sound compression on the audio to normalize it (just a bit). That means it will reduce the peaks and amplify the lowest mean values in order to keep it somewhat level in case you move away from the microphone. Note that it might sound OK on your computer whereas it is totally unlistenable for someone else.

linajeff
Tourist

Postby linajeff » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:09 pm

"That means it will reduce the peaks and amplify the lowest mean values in order to keep it somewhat level in case you move away from the microphone"-I totally agree with you! Especially with the competition thats on Youtube right now, your quality has to always be top notch. This was also actually mentioned on a blog post that i recently stumbled upon. Apparently, artists like One Direction and Rihanna earn anything between $ 36,500 - $1.05m a month from Youtube! The blog post generally has some good tips on turning your hobby into a successful Youtube channel. I found it well summarised, you might want to check it out.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:34 am

Is it me or does that read like you want us all to hit your blog?

Anyway, it certainly sounds like an option. Even if you have to learn a bit first, carry on learning and refine what you know and spend nine hours a day, if you are not doing anything else and can make money AND enjoy it, why not. I don't have a YouTube anything but my nephew does. He's no computer genius but, once you get started, it seems fairly achievable and isn't anything beyond the average person. Best of luck.

linajeff
Tourist

Postby linajeff » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Ha, it's not my blog. Just a link I found very useful. But thanks, my heart is really in it, so when I've got the technical side sorted out, it is hopefully no problem and a lot of fun!