Ryanair or Ryan nightmare.

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Flexo
Resident

Re: Ryanair or Ryan nightmare.

Postby Flexo » Thu May 04, 2017 7:27 pm

It is relevant because there is an ongoing lawsuit against Ryanair in a similar area (compensation for problems that Ryanair is the cause of) and secondly because Ryanair is trying to work around the laws that regulate both this compensation and the compensation they are required to give regardless who is at fault by demanding in their conditions that they send all claims directly to them and allow Ryanair a 28 day respite before answering the claims:

https://www.gate28.eu/en/Gate28Blog/rya ... tion/N/202

There is also this lawsuit:
http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/45 ... harges.htm
which is not really relevant to the story but if you charge a 45 EUR "check in charge" you might say "well it is in the conditions" but it sort of falls into the scam category. There are several valid reasons why airlines are put to a higher standard than most other types of businesses and one is that when you are traveling you are more vulnerable than when you are at home, you might be in a foreign country and you might not have friends or family that can help you in case you run into problems. Therefore there are special rules for airlines when it comes to customer service that doesn't apply to a bus company.

And finally, the seat belts in the airplane is not to save you from crashing, it is to save you from air turbulence or ground accidents like when the plane is taxing on the tarmac (yeah planes do collide and there are even idiots who tries to sue the airlines for the damages when they don't wear the seat belts). To say that they haven't saved anyone is just plain retarded, if you read the news properly you will see it does every week.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Thu May 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Flexo,
Your postings become ever more bizarre, IMHO. You postulated in an earlier post that you had been registered for "several years" when in fact you have been registered for less than 2 years. This does not constitute several years. More than one, certainly.
You stated that you only had 7 euros in your pocket at the airport....and yet now you say you can't remember since it was 7 years ago!
It would appear that you have an interest in a couple of "court cases" against Ryanair, neither of which involves you (or have I missed something?)
So why are we being invited to comment on a problem that you seem to have experienced 7 years ago and where the details have become somewhat confused in your own mind?

The "cases" you quote above have never actually come to court, as far as I can see, but appear to be more in line with " ambulance chasers".
Last edited by gus on Thu May 04, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu May 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Reasonable doubt? :lol:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Sat May 06, 2017 3:23 pm

gus wrote:Flexo,
Your postings become ever more bizarre, IMHO. You postulated in an earlier post that you had been registered for "several years" when in fact you have been registered for less than 2 years. This does not constitute several years. More than one, certainly.
You stated that you only had 7 euros in your pocket at the airport....and yet now you say you can't remember since it was 7 years ago!
It would appear that you have an interest in a couple of "court cases" against Ryanair, neither of which involves you (or have I missed something?)
So why are we being invited to comment on a problem that you seem to have experienced 7 years ago and where the details have become somewhat confused in your own mind?

The "cases" you quote above have never actually come to court, as far as I can see, but appear to be more in line with " ambulance chasers".
What part of "straw man argument" doesn't you understand? What if I hitch hiked? What if I stole a f**king car? What if I robbed a stupid Ryanair apologist? What difference does it make?

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Sat May 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Not only getting more bizarre but now appear to be rambling more than a bit!
I think I'll go back to my earlier intention and leave you to your own fantasies.

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Sun May 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Yeah, I think I understand why you chose the least intelligent character in Futurama as your avatar.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun May 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Oooohh, handbags out !!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:54 pm

Hey Flexo, leave Gus's avatar alone...it's one of my favorites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Sun May 07, 2017 10:12 pm

No handbags here ;-)
and thank you Pamela, it's nice to be appreciated.
Futurama? What is Futurama? Perhaps another fantasy?

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Sent you a P.M
I So Bella tis you

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue May 09, 2017 2:47 pm

If only all conflicts could be fought this way they'd be far fewer casualties and far more amusing...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Just been back to the UK with Ryanair and good flights both ways. 10 mins late arriving at Stansted but on time coming back. We noticed that there are no passport controls now at Stansted. We blipped our boarding passes to get through to security, and then our passports were quickly checked and our boarding passes checked at the gate.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Wed May 17, 2017 1:48 pm

We went from Alicante to Stansted last Wednesday returning Sunday , it took us 30 minutes to go through passport control at Stansted , we had to stand in a booth and place our passports into a scanner and look directly at a screen which we were told scanned us and checked against the passport . Coming back was just the security check , Boarding pass scanned before security check area then belts off , laptops etc in a tray then through to the departure area , Passports and boarding passes scanned again before boarding aircraft . First time ever security stopped me and went through my hand luggage , the Xray machine showed something questionable , 2 tins of corn beef , odd there was also 2 tins of the same in the wife's hand luggage and she went through the next line to me and they didn't stop her .

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri May 19, 2017 8:20 am

I think its pot-luck as i carry all kind of food items back from Spain and sometimes i am asked to open the bag and others not.
Can you confirm that tinned food is allowed? i thought this be deemed as an object that could be dangerous.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri May 19, 2017 8:31 am

I always take Chorizo back to the uk in my hand luggage. I have been stopped once at Malaga and asked to open my bag. The airport was very quiet and I think they were more curious than suspicious. I have been stopped multiple times going into and out of the uk at security and asked my business and why I travel a lot. Also the usual one, Are you carrying large amount of cash. Nooooooooo

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 am

I have been stopped multiple times going into and out of the uk at security and asked my business and why I travel a lot.

That's interesting as i have never being asked and i over ever 5 to 6 weeks. I suppose when the passport is scanned it shows all the trips.
Just be curious about this as someone here likely know.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri May 19, 2017 11:29 am

What is the cash limit? I thought you only had to declare large amounts of cash if travelling from outside the eu.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Fri May 19, 2017 3:11 pm

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

Doesn't look like there is according to the U.K. government

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri May 19, 2017 4:30 pm

There is no limit if they think your up to no good. You have to prove what you are doing with any sum of cash and where you got it from. If you have nothing to hide then no problem. I was stopped at Luton years ago with £3k in my coat that apparently showed up on X-ray machine. I gave a genuine reason for carrying this amount which I don’t consider to be a large amount and was aloud on my journey. I asked that day and wastold customs are interested in any amount of money in transit if its being used for criminal activity. I was told that day you can carry £100k in cash if you can explain where you got it and what its for. They would obviously check it out.

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Fri May 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Usually there is no rule but they always register big cash moves and start to ask questions (like they do in the latest Fargo episode). The banks are required by EU law to ask questions at quite low amounts and of course the national tax services does the same.