Ryanair or Ryan nightmare.

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Flexo
Resident

Re: Ryanair or Ryan nightmare.

Postby Flexo » Wed May 03, 2017 1:36 pm

They didn't let me because "there was not time".

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Wed May 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Confusion still reigns as far as I am concerned!
How did your parents get a new card (a replacement for one of your missing cards??) to you in Paris in time for you to check into a hotel etc ?
Bizarre.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed May 03, 2017 4:08 pm

PayPal?

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Wed May 03, 2017 8:09 pm

This was many years ago, I don't remember all the details. I think it was a backup card that I had but I hadn't used for many years but didn't remember the code for, so they just needed to get the bank to send my dad a new code and he could send it to me. I remember the bank sent me new cards but I don't remember if I picked one up at the hostel I was staying at or not.

However, I do remember being homeless, hungry and thirsty with less than 5 EUR in the wallet. There are surprisingly few drinking fountains in Paris and this was a hot early summer night. I had to scout for hours until I found a place with a bottle of water that cost less than 2 EUR.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Wed May 03, 2017 8:33 pm

It all seems more than a little "vague".
I have never seen a situation where a missing card and/or a PIN could be ordered and delivered within 5 days , never mind to an overseas location. Still, what do I know?.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed May 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Nonsense, there are dozens and dozens of FREE drinking fountains in Paris. It's a well known fact....even way back in 2009 from this report.
http://www.eurocheapo.com/blog/paris-ti ... ottle.html

The entire account has more holes than a kilo of Swiss Cheese
I So Bella tis you

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed May 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Sounds like a great youthful backpacking experience to me. I once spent a night sleeping rough in a park in New Delhi because I was young, foolish and carefree. Scared the bejeezus out of me at the time but left me with a good after dinner story for later in life & didn't do me any harm. And I never blamed it on anyone other than myself - not even the airline that had brought me there in the first place!
Ryanair might be cheap & nasty, but at least they haven't knocked anyone's teeth out or broken anyone's noses lately!!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:08 pm

A back up card! and one you hadn't used for many years...i'd have thought it would have expired.. if i were you Flexo i'd give up the ghost on this thread because i don't think many of us can make sense of parts of your story...perhaps if your memory returns you can clear up the confusion.. :wink: :lol:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed May 03, 2017 10:40 pm

ajtg1952 wrote: A friend of mine was flying with British Airways, Malaga to Gatwick. They managed to to board 4 Aer Lingus pax flying to Dublin.
Miro wrote:the vast majority of people when they travel become idiots with seriously diminished brain function
I rest my case. How the heck can anybody who's allowed out without their carer stand in the boarding line for a flight with a different airline, to a different destination than theirs, and not notice? I've just arrived home from another hellish 3 hour trip with Ryanair, and witnessed all the usual levels of idiocy - but that surely takes the biscuit?

By the way, to any Ryanair Sheeple out there who regularly buy overpriced KitKats, coffees, tacky gifts and other garbage they don't need...thank you, thank you, thank you: without you, I'd have to pay a lot more for what is, as Mr.O'Leary rightly says, just a short trip on a b***** bus with wings. And he's right - seat belts never saved anybody in a plane crash. :lol:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Thu May 04, 2017 6:28 am

How the heck can anybody who's allowed out without their carer stand in the boarding line for a flight with a different airline, to a different destination than theirs, and not notice?

agreed.

Love him or hate him O'Leary a genius and only for him i would not be able to on the bus at will.

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Thu May 04, 2017 7:04 am

Paulinmalaga wrote:Nonsense, there are dozens and dozens of FREE drinking fountains in Paris. It's a well known fact....even way back in 2009 from this report.
http://www.eurocheapo.com/blog/paris-ti ... ottle.html
Yeah with my non existing smartphone I sure could read this article 7 years ago. Or perhaps you wanted me to spend one of my 5 EUR to go to an internet cafe to look up drinking fountains?
The entire account has more holes than a kilo of Swiss Cheese
A back up card! and one you hadn't used for many years...i'd have thought it would have expired.. if i were you Flexo i'd give up the ghost on this thread because i don't think many of us can make sense of parts of your story...perhaps if your memory returns you can clear up the confusion.
Yeah here they come. They always come. Can I ask you a simple question? What does Ryanair pay you to defend illegal business practice? Do they pay you enough? What is it? Let me guess, a voucher for a free sandwich?

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Thu May 04, 2017 8:32 am

This all happened at Charles de Gaulle in Paris?
I So Bella tis you

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:53 am

Flexo, there is no question to answer because i have not made any attempt whatsoever to defend Ryanair for the problems you claim to have had with them....however if you would like to go back and read over your account yourself perhaps you may see why it raised questions and confusion.. :?

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Thu May 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Not least how you managed to get from CdeG to central Paris with only 5 euros to your name.

If you had so much luggage with you that you were paying "200-250 euros" for your "extra luggage" then you would have had to drop the bags at check-in - unless you were already late for check in you would have had plenty time to remove 3 kg worth of dirty laundry as AshtonDave suggested and get within whatever limit you were supposed to be carrying (and had supposedly paid for).
There are enough holes in your story to knit a string vest. I'm out.

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Thu May 04, 2017 4:03 pm

I got a higher education a little later than most, and one thing that struck me after I had graduated was the culture shock when I met all those uneducated people that tried to decode reality beyond their means of knowledge. This is a typical such event.

Long term memory does not operate like it does in the movies. It only stores what the mind consider the most important at the time of the storing. The rest is filled in by the imagination. That is why two people can remember the exact same event completely different. Every time the brain processes the neurons that the memory is stored in it will likely reduce the memory further, with the result that every couple of years the long term memory is less and less memory and more and more imagination. That is why I by intent reduced the number of details in my story to what was important and that I had written down in my communications with Ryanair.

The fact that you guys sit here playing hobby detectives trying to attack my story with straw man arguments only asks further questions (like, seriously WTF why would you?). Why would I make up a story like this, seriously? What would I benefit from it?

The only reasonable explanation, unless you are batsh-t crazy, is that you think that I work for a competing airline. Do you think that I would register on a web forum with a few handfuls of active posters, be registered for several years posting in completely different areas where I happen to have professional knowledge, and all that for the single purpose of posting a smear campaign of a competitor in a thread started by another poster? Seriously? Let me guess, you also believe that the moon landings were a hoax, right?

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Thu May 04, 2017 4:25 pm

Paulinmalaga wrote:This all happened at Charles de Gaulle in Paris?
Of course it didn't, Ryanair doesn't fly to Charles de Gaulle. They fly to Beauvais where they are like the single operator and therefore can tell the staff on the airport things like "do not tell them about their legal rights". At a real airport they have a staff that is non-affiliated to the airlines.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Thu May 04, 2017 4:36 pm

You were the one to mention Charles de Gaulle "The first thing I saw when I got into Charles de Gaulle was a poster that said "Have you been denied boarding?

Regardless you did very well on your €7 to get into Paris from Beauvais Airport seeing as its 100+ Km or approx 2hrs to the North of Paris!!!!!!! :clap:
Last edited by Paulinmalaga on Thu May 04, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I So Bella tis you

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu May 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Paulinmalaga wrote:You are the one to mention Charles de Gaulle "The first thing I saw when I got into Charles de Gaulle was a poster that said "Have you been denied boarding?

Regardless you did very well on your €7 to get into Paris from Beauvais Airport seeing as its 100+ Km or approx 2hrs!!!!!!! :clap:
Over to you flexo

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Thu May 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Paulinmalaga wrote:You were the one to mention Charles de Gaulle "The first thing I saw when I got into Charles de Gaulle was a poster that said "Have you been denied boarding?
Yeah, I flew from Charles de Gaulle when I flew back with a real airline. Charles de Gaulle was what I referred to as a real airport.
Regardless you did very well on your €7 to get into Paris from Beauvais Airport seeing as its 100+ Km or approx 2hrs to the North of Paris!!!!!!! :clap:
I don't remember exactly what I paid to the bus driver, I might have managed to get him to accept my previous ticket. Like I stated earlier, this was 7 years ago and I don't remember numbers. If I asked you to recall a specific series of events 7 years ago at a specific date I am pretty sure you didn't remember how much money you had in your pocket either, "but that is beside the point now really isn't it". :crazy:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu May 04, 2017 6:55 pm

So this is something that happened 7 years ago?
Times and situations change so is it still relevant to working practices now?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris