Confused about Mediterranean winds

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
jpinks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jpinks » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:53 pm

Not at all - I assumed that that was your name - not your place of residence. How is one meant to know, especially when the forum allows you to identify your "location" in your profile at the click of a couple of buttons and typing a few letters. It's be quicker than chewing the fat here, wouldn't it?
Slainte,
JohnP.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:05 pm

costakid wrote:Who did you import your cars from?
Mine came via www.autoscout24.de there's another German company www.mobile.do who I'm told are ok!

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:23 pm

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:Whats location got to do with anything, you can put anything you like, mine says tourist, but I'm actually resident just cant be bothered altering details, I could put "the moon" if I so chose but would it be true!!
Lorraine-Mijas (what a strange surname) I guess you're new to this kind of forum, The term resident, as J points out, is nothing to do with your geographical location but is merely a pointer as to the number of postings you have made on this forum (which incidentally is owned and operated from the UK)
for example when you have reached a total of 50 posts you will be awarded (by the webmaster) the title of resident, signifying that you are then considered to be a long term OR regular user of the forum, when you have reached 200 posts I believe you are then awarded the title of Andalucian guru (ask yourself if you would want this accolade).

As you say you can put down whatever residential location you like, what does it really matter and who gives a ¤%&/ anyway, you for example could put down that you live in Andalucia but in reality live in Wigan or somewhere equally suicidally depressing, so we'll have to trust you're telling the truth won't we!

Many like you have been down the well beaten path of questioning wether one individual has several different web personas, in the past we've had Adeel, bad penny etc who was actually the same person with about 10 different forum names, only he knows why, I can assure you that as far as I'm aware jpinks and I have never met apart from via this media, so you'll just have to trust us, won't you, as we have to trust you!

Finally, you cannot make yourself a resident on the forum, only the webmaster can do that, cheers and all the best, good luck with your house sale!

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:07 pm

Thank you stantheman for you good wishes, I applaud you and jp for your sparkling Witt and sarcasm, it really doe's brighten up my dreary wigan based life!!

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:33 pm

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:Thank you stantheman for you good wishes, I applaud you and jp for your sparkling Witt and sarcasm, it really doe's brighten up my dreary wigan based life!!
**** Lorraine, I didn't mean to offend, you don't really live in Wigan do you?
But seriously what do you expect if you openly accuse people of lying!!

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:53 pm

Hey Stan, I don't think I actually accused you outright of anything, I merely pointed out a few similarities between yourself and pj's posts. I do actually find many of your comments rather amusing (GENUINELY)
I myself have never been to Wigan, although I'm sure it's a perfectly nice place, I have met many people from their though and they all seemed nice people, although you might find after your comments that a few of them might pop over to Cheshire to pelt you with pies!!

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:43 pm

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:Hey Stan, I don't think I actually accused you outright of anything, I merely pointed out a few similarities between yourself and pj's posts. I do actually find many of your comments rather amusing (GENUINELY)
I myself have never been to Wigan, although I'm sure it's a perfectly nice place, I have met many people from their though and they all seemed nice people, although you might find after your comments that a few of them might pop over to Cheshire to pelt you with pies!!
Or clog me to death, Forgive my apparent animosity but this is a very sore subject, people are forever accusing others here of having multiple personalities, and I for one get very p"#¤¤%d off about it as (a) I don't do it myself and (b) I have no idea why those who do, do, again my apologies for the in your face approach, it was actually out of order!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:52 pm

stantheman wrote:
Lorraine - Mijas wrote:Hey Stan, I don't think I actually accused you outright of anything, I merely pointed out a few similarities between yourself and pj's posts. I do actually find many of your comments rather amusing (GENUINELY)
Or clog me to death, Forgive my apparent animosity but this is a very sore subject, people are forever accusing others here of having multiple personalities, and I for one get very p"#¤¤%d off about it as (a) I don't do it myself and (b) I have no idea why those who do, do, again my apologies for the in your face approach, it was actually out of order!
stantheman
Resident

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:33 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spanish hopes wrote:
MaggieMay wrote:
Seems he has Stanley, but I´m sure on reading your posting he will be touched that you should surface purely to ask after him.

Friends Reunited-ish?

I find it also very touching that you should surface so soon after your "friend" Maggie May" posted, one could almost believe you were in the same room together, even at the same terminal, eh!_________________
it's more than my job's worth!
Reallly stanley, that is surprising.

Really Stanley

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:24 pm

forgive my ire, but are you sure you have attended upper school, perhaps you should read and analyse my post properly before shooting yourself in the foot again (can't be much left of it by now)

My post conveyed the fact that I do not have multiple personalities and don't understand those who do :roll:
It said nothing about tackling those who are known to be multifaceted! Would you like me to pm you in future, then we can get it clear before it goes public, so to speak! :roll: !

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:23 pm

people are forever accusing others here of having multiple personalities, and I for one get very p"#¤¤%d off about it as (a) I don't do it myself
You have on several occasions accused maggiemay, citymike and myself of being one and the same person and yet here you quite clearly state that you do not do so. It is ok for you and nevada and the other topperesque wannabe's to attack and belittle others but please do not be two faced when you are trying to look helpful.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:41 pm

Now I am very confused, who are all these people? I'm quite new to this forum so not sure what I've missed previously.
In my first few posts I was savaged by someone called patti something or other, now they've disappeared , then stan and pj gave me a tough time, sorted now hopefully!!
Now it seems several people are accusing each other of allsorts, am I to believe that of the 2966 registered users, there are actually only really 3 of us????????????

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:44 pm

spanish hopes wrote:
people are forever accusing others here of having multiple personalities, and I for one get very p"#¤¤%d off about it as (a) I don't do it myself
You have on several occasions accused maggiemay, citymike and myself of being one and the same person and yet here you quite clearly state that you do not do so. It is ok for you and nevada and the other topperesque wannabe's to attack and belittle others but please do not be two faced when you are trying to look helpful.
you still don't get it do you even after i've explained it :roll: :roll: :roll:

go to your garage and see if you can find a couple of short thick planks, bring them back with you and place them next to you in front of the computer, when you've done that contact me and we'll try again!

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:13 pm

It was only ever a matter of time before Stan got lippy, and the fact that he feels he has made some friends is adding his delusions.
I wear it well...........

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:18 pm

Sorry stan the only planks I could find were Irish pine and they as you will accept are a bit too thick for anything useful.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:21 pm

you still don't get it do you even after i've explained it :roll: :roll: :roll:

Perhaps your explanations aren't so clear stanley. it is a big step from counting the eyes in potatoes to being a retired know it all, perhaps you should slow down a little mate, and don't set your sights so high.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:45 pm

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:Winds in the Canaries are often referred to as Calima's ,
You learn something every day here! :D I've always thought of "calima" as meaning mist or haze, especially a heat haze. I remember taking some photos of the Alhambra from the Mirador de San Nicholás, and there was a haze right across the Alhambra, or calima, as a Spanish friend called it.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:02 pm

Given that the Canarian people dislike the Spanish intently, perhaps they altered the meaning of a Calima to suit themselves, but the Canarian version definitely comes with high winds, red dust, very choppy sea's (ocean if you want to be precise) and insects "blown in" from Africa.
That's how the locals (Canarian) refered to it anyway, and who am I to argue !!

jpinks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jpinks » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:06 pm

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:Now I am very confused, who are all these people? I'm quite new to this forum so not sure what I've missed previously.
In my first few posts I was savaged by someone called patti something or other, now they've disappeared , then stan and pj gave me a tough time, sorted now hopefully!!
Now it seems several people are accusing each other of allsorts, am I to believe that of the 2966 registered users, there are actually only really 3 of us????????????
Go to "Profile" - in the top green area - and then find the "location" entry in "Profile Information" and enter where you live. Don't let the banter put you off - it's harmless :)
Slainte,
JohnP.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:21 pm

Don't worry jp, I KnoW how to add my location to my profile!! If your feeling in a generous helpful mood, perhaps you could explain how to copy quotes from old post and paste as in the white box thing, as I confess not to know how to do this!!!!

Lorraine- MIJAS

jpinks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jpinks » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:29 pm

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:Don't worry jp, I KnoW how to add my location to my profile!! If your feeling in a generous helpful mood, perhaps you could explain how to copy quotes from old post and paste as in the white box thing, as I confess not to know how to do this!!!!
Hit the "quote" button in the right-hand side of the post you want to quote and you will have it included (in it's white box) in your reply.
You can mess around with the "
" and "
" tags and see what happens - as I am doing here :)
Slainte,
JohnP.