One way lorry hire

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Mortgage Wizard
Tourist

One way lorry hire

Postby Mortgage Wizard » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:02 pm

I am sure this subject has been asked and answered before but I cannot find anything.

We want to drive our possessions (a few bits of expensive furniture plus some white goods, clothes, some kitchen stuff, garden furniture) down to south Costa Blanca sharing the driving with family and then the family fly back after a few days rest.

We don't really want to have to pay fuel, ferry costs etc for them to drive the lorry (7.5 tonne) back.

Does anyone know of a company who will allow one way drop-offs.

Re: One way lorry hire

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:19 am

Mortgage Wizard wrote:I am sure this subject has been asked and answered before but I cannot find anything.

We want to drive our possessions (a few bits of expensive furniture plus some white goods, clothes, some kitchen stuff, garden furniture) down to south Costa Blanca sharing the driving with family and then the family fly back after a few days rest.

We don't really want to have to pay fuel, ferry costs etc for them to drive the lorry (7.5 tonne) back.

Does anyone know of a company who will allow one way drop-offs.
I'm not sure if they do it with trucks (or commercial vehicles) but both Hertz and Europcar do it with cars, check out their websites.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:49 am

It could prove to cost less having it delivered..
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:20 pm

silver wrote:It could prove to cost less having it delivered..
Silver's probably right, by the time you've hired, paid the extra insurance, diesel and ferry charges you probably won't have much change from a thousand quid!

Mortgage Wizard
Tourist

Postby Mortgage Wizard » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:13 pm

We were actually expecting more than a £1,000 anyway, but we don't really want the expense of diesel, ferry and tolls for our family to drive back. It will be cheaper to get a one-way flight for them both from Alicante oince they have helped us unload and rested for a day or so.

I know Hertz etc don't do this.