Bus / Taxi Service from Hotel Vinuela

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Helen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Bus / Taxi Service from Hotel Vinuela

Postby Helen » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:29 pm

My family will be staying at the Hotel Vinuela for a week in October and I wondered if anyone knew if there is a bus service direct from the hotel to velez malaga and torre del mar. If not, I know there is a bus from Alcaucin / Vinuela daily but I do not know the times of pick up/drop off. Can anyone help.

I would also be interested to know of telephone numbers for taxi services. Must be reliable, English speaking and not too expensive!!!

Thank you all.

Helen

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:43 pm

Helen.
Buses run twice daily I think from Periana to Velez and Torre del Mar so they must pass the hotel. There are taxis inPeriana also and I think one is English run but I don't have phone numbers.
Mhic.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:14 pm

No buses direct to Hotel Vinuela - Periana bus goes via Puente Don Manuel then Trapiche.

Taxis from Torre del Mar to Hotel 20 Euro each way.

2 local taxis - one in Puente Don Manuel (Jorge) tel 679706766 and one in Periana (Jose) tel 600600155; neither speak English. Jose has minibuses so can take up to 9 people. Can´t speak for Jorge, but Jose very reliable and will respond to texts if your written Spanish is better than spoken; his charge from bottom of Los Romanes road to Puente Don Manuel €5 or €7 after Midnight - think this is his minimum charge for any journey but I may be wrong.

Hope this helps.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:23 pm

I've never used the bus so didn't know it went via Trapiche but I have been told that there is an English Taxi driver called Robert in Periana. May be in Yellow pages?

Mhic.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:57 pm

May be in Yellow pages?
not if he aint straight...
A Taxi license is almost impossible to obtain..even for a Spaniard..mini cabs don't exist...because there is not such a license....now I know we all want cheap stuff..but..
in case of accident how do passengers stand in an illegal taxi???(this is my question)
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:36 pm

I don't know the man and I'm only passing on what I have been told, not into moralizing and don't need an arguement. Especially with someone I tend to agree with most of the time.

Mhic.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:51 pm

silver wrote:how do passengers stand in an illegal taxi??
I find sitting is usually the best position to adopt regardless of legality.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:23 am

I have heard that the Guardia are now trying to make it difficult for these "taxi services". What they are doing is stopping them on the motorways and holding them up just long enough for the passengers to miss their flights.

Crafty eh!

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:22 am

Cid, what if your not going to the airport?