Can i buy Royal Mail stamps here??

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
muneca
Andalucia.com Amigo

Can i buy Royal Mail stamps here??

Postby muneca » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:37 pm

i know its a strange request, but i want to send a bunch of mail to the Uk and thought i could send it with a friend. it would be so much easier if i could buy the stamps here (just regular 1st class )

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:04 am

Never seen them here, but you might be lucky, dont know what stamps they use in Gibralter..but someone might
... christmas cards..all ready. :?:
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:54 am

You cant pay royal mail stamps on Spain. Why not ask someone to send you out the amount you need - you can send a cheque for the amount spent. You can't buy them in Gib :lol:

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:19 am

Why dont you get someone from the UK to send out the stamps to you, you can send them a cheque for the amount. I dont think you can buy them in Gibralter :lol:

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:06 am

are you mad?

this is Spain you cant get british stamps here no nor any other foreign stamps for that matter, not antartican, not dominican not even the mighty british.

Re: Can i buy Royal Mail stamps here??

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:16 pm

muneca wrote:i know its a strange request, but i want to send a bunch of mail to the Uk and thought i could send it with a friend. it would be so much easier if i could buy the stamps here (just regular 1st class )
Why not just give your friend the money to buy them in the UK.

dangerman
Tourist

Postby dangerman » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:05 pm

patricia wrote:Why dont you get someone from the UK to send out the stamps to you, you can send them a cheque for the amount. I dont think you can buy them in Gibralter :lol:
No, Gibraltan stamps there. Not legal for posting in the UK, only to the UK (etc.) from Gib. Spanish Stamps, for posting to the UK aren't that expensive, though!

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:47 pm

Not that expensive. If you send any sort of card that is not the same shape as an ordinary envelope for a letter you are charged Double the rate 2 x 53 all Christmas card and birthday cards are charged at this rate. I send all my card from Gibraltar as that rule does not apply. It is not due to weight is due to size of the envelope :cry: