Euros or Pounds

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
mijas_ golf

Euros or Pounds

Postby mijas_ golf » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:56 pm

The other day I Went to pay with my English credit card at the supermarket and they gave me the option of paying in pounds or euros.What should I do??? :shock: Thanks

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:03 pm

I presume your in Spain therefore pay in Euros,if you pay sterling the conversion rate will be very poor,this is the latest scam to do the rounds of restaurants and other places,always charge it to the local currency.

luffes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby luffes » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:16 pm

Out of interest, my credit card is still a UK credit card. Would it not be better for me to be charged in Sterling, that way I would not get exchange rate charges?

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:27 pm

But you do get exchange rates as they still do a conversion,if you want a card that does not charge any fees get a Nationwide credit card,also there converion rates are great ie if the international rate is 1.47 you will get something like 1.46 which is brilliant and even better than these currency firms.
Also get a Nationwide flexy account and put money in it then withdraw from it abroad and again no fees and you get the same rate as the credit card,there is nothing to touch it out there trust me.