carjacking.

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

carjacking.

Postby costakid » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:46 am

CARJACK ORDEAL

TWO British women from Coin have suffered a terrifying ordeal at the hands of carjackers.

The women, who do not wish to be named, were travelling from their home in Coin to Bilbao on their way to England, and stopped for the night in a hotel in the town of Getafe, to the south of Madrid.

In the morning, when they left the hotel, they were followed by a group of men travelling in a black BMW which, after several attempts, managed to run the women’s car off the road.

The men jumped out of the BMW, punctured the tyres of the other

vehicle and opened the boot to prevent the women from activating their central locking.

Although the women tried to resist, they were threatened and forced to get out of their car.

The men then robbed them of all their possessions, including mobile phones, jewellery, money, credit cards and luggage.

They were then left stranded by the side of the road as all the tyres on their car were flat.

Later, when the local police arrived on the scene, they said the women had been ‘extremely lucky’ not to have been seriously injured ‘or worse.’

The women were able to identify two of the perpetrators, said to be of Eastern European origin, from police files.

Apparently, this type of crime is becoming more frequent and all motorists – especially females – are warned to be on their guard and to make an emergency phone call immediately they see anything at all suspicious.

The women added that their treatment by the police was ‘wonderful.’ A police spokesman commented: “It is safer to keep your doors locked at all times, and if you think you are being followed, do not stop and drive straight to a busy area.”

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:57 pm

:(
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:11 am

Thats a scary story, I will now be removing my carjack from my boot, I may even remove the spare wheel just to be on the safe side.

Kitesurfer.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kitesurfer. » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:26 am

When running out of fuel altitude and speed....never run out of ideas...
---------------------

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:40 am

Yep, that 'd certainly do the trick Kitesurfer! Where do you get 'em from?!
I do hope that carjacking doesn't become another common crime problem in Spain. Back in Bristol the police advised everyone to drive with car doors locked because of the same phenomenon.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:33 pm

Its been going on for sometime in N. Spain, I have known a few people who were victims. Another of their favourite places are the car parks in the motel type places that you see on the roads coming south.

More locally some friends were rammed at the back of Dunnes stores where the loading bays were and surrounded by 3 gypsy types on motos. He managed not to get robbed by quickly locking the doors and reversing and smashing one of the motos. Although he is a judge back in the UK so he was probably more aware of the tricks thieves get up to.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:49 pm

Being a judge in the UK would probably mean that he knows very little of the real world katy when you look at some of the sentences given out of late.
I think his reaction was more to do with being a man than a judge and he should be commended.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:01 pm

I was just trying to find something on the interweb about a SA anti carjacking device and came accross this http://althouse.blogspot.com/2005/08/rapex.html

Anyway i found this http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11 ... wer.car/#1

need Quck time / opens in pop up

Jak 'n' Tom

Postby Jak 'n' Tom » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:34 pm

spanish hopes wrote:Being a judge in the UK would probably mean that he knows very little of the real world katy when you look at some of the sentences given out of late.
Its the government that sets the sentences not judges.....

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:26 pm

The Government sets the maximum and minimum. The judges apply them, and in many cases they are so light with reasoning for the lightness being so airy - fairy that it shows the judges don't live in the same world as the rest of us.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:20 pm

So every car on the road should come equiped with a psychotic dog and that is a solution?
Grouser

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:58 am

:D I think the solution is that i will start a business and hire out my 19 year old son as a minder. built like a brick *@>%house and takes no prisoners!! ie gentle giant but don't upset him! :twisted: