Shotguns

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Peter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Shotguns

Postby Peter » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:34 am

I have a shotgun certificate for my gun in the UK, does anyone KNOW if I can legally bring it to Spain when I move and if so what the documentation procedure is. [/u][/i][/b]

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:35 am

I dont KNOW but here is the web for arms regulations in Spanish...maybe you can get an on line translation. The Spanish consulate in England will give you all the info you need. http://www.mir.es/sites/mir/derecho/rd/rd137-1993.html
Hope this is of some use to you.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

cannydanny

Re: Shotguns

Postby cannydanny » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:49 am

Peter wrote:I have a shotgun certificate for my gun in the UK, does anyone KNOW if I can legally bring it to Spain when I move and if so what the documentation procedure is. [/u][/i][/b]
Peter, you can import any calibre of shotgun, over/under, side by side and semi automatic (pump action) although I believe they're illegal in Britain.

First you need to make an application for a "European Firearms Pass" do this at the same office/licensing authority where you obtained your british firearms certificate, you have to apply in writing (in your own hand) there is no fee for this.
Next you need to contact the Guardia Civil of the area where you will be living, enclosing copies of your shotgun certificate and EFP, it might take some time so be prepared for a wait, one of the easiest ways is to contact one of the shooting associations for example [email protected] they may be able to smooth the way for you, good luck!!