Nearly There

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Shukran
Resident

Nearly There

Postby Shukran » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:06 pm

After 5 years of planning and waiting, the time is nearly here. We're due to fly over to live in 10 days and that will soon fly by I'm sure.

One way or another it's not been easy at all but we were determined to follow it through and beat the bad luck we've had. It makes you stronger for the next trial or tribulation which may be on its way.

I want to thank everybody for all the help I've received since I became a member - I've learned so much from all your correspondence. There will no doubt be more questions once we've moved into our temporary rented accommodation, but thankfully it has broadband facilities so I don't have to be wrenched from my computer for too long after it's unplugged and packed away next Sunday.

I'll be back - as 'somebody' once said. :lol:
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:20 pm

Best of luck! Hopefully, the worst is behind you, and the rest is plain sailing!

¡Buen viaje!

Frank
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

lorraine
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lorraine » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:31 pm

good luck we have also been planning for 5 years and we are still here in the uk with no sign of selling our home, property still not built in spain and it is very hard to keep the dream in sight, still the weather at the moment in uk keeping us sane, long may it last a bit of india in the south east!!!
Which part are you moving to?

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:32 pm

Good luck; I am sure it will go well.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:25 pm

Hi,
I too own a prop on the cds and are planning to move there in approximately five years, the only thing stopping us is the finance factor.

What plans have you had to make to go there?

i am interested just to make sure i am not missing something!

thanks

el al

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:05 am

El Al wrote:What plans have you had to make to go there?
We started 5 years ago by using my husband's early retirement money to buy some land near Huercal Overa. After waiting for 18 months for the paperwork to be signed by the farmer, he decided to double the price when we got building permission. We still had to pay solicitor's fees etc and lost interest on a considerable amount of money.

Then we bought land in Baza which had outline building permission from Baza council. We applied for building permission and after 18 months it was granted from Baza but had to be rubber stamped by Granada. Unfortunately we bought the land just before Granada decided to move the goalposts and reclassified our land as rural agricultural instead of urban which meant that we couldn't build on it. Thankfully we had a clause put into the contract which meant that if we couldn't ultimately build on our land, then we would get our money back.

We've been waiting all this time to get our money back as the previous owner of the land has been using all kinds of delaying tactics, but we now believe from our solicitor that we can collect it next week when we finally move to Spain. 5 years of lost interest on a considerable amount of money has been a wrench, plus all the solicitor's fees etc.

We have now, at last, sold our house for the second time this year. We lost our original buyers the same week as we lost the permission to build our house.

Still, that's in the past and there's no point in dwelling on it too much. It's just been a catalogue of dismay and disappointment, but our new life is just about to begin and we will ultimately end up with something we want in time. Until then we'll just remember all the advice we've received from this forum and keep a sense of humour as best we can.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:23 am

If you are still determined after all those setbacks then at least you aren't wearing your rose tinted glasses. On a positive note, the property market is not as frantic now so the loss may not seem as great. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:21 am

katy wrote: Hope you find what you are looking for.
Thanks Katy - at least we can do it in our own time now whilst renting and we'll be on the spot instead of hundreds of miles away. There's a place out there with our name on it - it's just a question of finding it!

Big Col

nearly there

Postby Big Col » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:54 am

hi there lynne and Malcom

Hope all goes well for you and a big well done, !!
Remember to give Sharon a call, as she would love to meet you both Pm me if you need her number. Sharons really doing well and is now finding her way around Baza.

All the best Keep in touch

Colin & Sharon

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:17 pm

Hi Colin

I've just PM'd you. Thanks for your best wishes and look forward to meeting both of you at last.