Grafitti

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Grafitti

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:32 am

Is it me or is the grafitti getting worse. We are near Rincon and every day you see more. When are the authorities going to do something about it. At this rate there will be no whitewalls left.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:40 am

Not just where you are I have noticed it here. the walls of all the front line beach villas are now covered near here and as soon as they are cleaned it reappeares.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:31 pm

Sadly it is appearing a lot where I have my place too. The most annoying thing is that it appears to have been imported with the brit kids as most is either english or by spanish lads advertising the abilities of their english girlfriends.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:44 pm

Here its all in good spanish so can't blame it on the Brits. Unless they speak it very well.

Kelly4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kelly4 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:47 pm

".........The most annoying thing is that it appears to have been imported with the brit kids as most is either english or by spanish lads advertising the abilities of their english girlfriends........."

Just my humble opinion, but I really would disagree with this statement. I have seen more graffiti in Spain than I have ever seen back in the UK. Granted, some of the graffiti is a bit more high-brow/political than the graffiti you might see on the average wall in London but there's definitely more of it, even in the smallest, most Spanish villages.

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:08 pm

The only graffiti I've ever noticed is near Malaga airport & there's some on the wall of Estepona Poligino (I think it's great, 2 large Bart Simpsons & I wish that they'd cover the entire wall with characters instead of industrial looking grey blocks). I'm not condoning graffiti, but Bart makes me smile when I pass him on the N340.

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:07 pm

Are we talking graffiti ie. form of artwork which as posh says is sometimes very good, or are we talking tagging ie. some cabronito writing his name over and over again - popular with the hip hop movement I believe. It is a bit of an epedemic in Spain, although imported from the USA, not the UK!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:57 am

I am talking about the scum bags that keep painting the entrance to my garage. looks terrible. call it art or tagging but it does'nt make it right.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:08 pm

costakid wrote:I am talking about the scum bags that keep painting the entrance to my garage. looks terrible. call it art or tagging but it does'nt make it right.
Costakid! why don't you open a competition to all the "artists" in your area, at least you will get the best graffiti possible in your area, you never know you might even like it, you can't stop the pillocks so why not at least have good quality graffiti?

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:47 pm

Its happening a lot in Nueva Andalucia too, when I find the buggers I will kill them, I've been here for over 20 years and its always been pleasant and now it is being defaced - not happy

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:39 pm

Hi,
I personally have noticed an increase in graffitti over the last 10 years. Also the cities have a real problem with it, the worstplace i have seen is Torrevieja nr Alicante, where graffitti is endemic.

El Al

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:57 pm

I must admit graffitti is a problem but even I have to admit that some of these so called graffitti hooligans are talented!!!!
I feel that certain areas actually benefit from these artistes and how in the hell do they get up to these areas to squirt the dirt as is quoted.
Lets encourage their talent not condem it [admiitedly I wouldnt want a second rate graffitti artist spray my garage doors, only the most talented if you please!!!]
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:58 am

Round here there is a lot of graffitti saying "mas pinares, menos ladrillos" ( more pines, fewer bricks). Rather defeats the object of trying to improve the environment don't you think?