Are there any legitimate work from home jobs out there?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Niki Harrison
Andalucia.com Amigo

Are there any legitimate work from home jobs out there?

Postby Niki Harrison » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:18 pm

I am an experienced administrator and freelance audio typist. I am trying to find a job working from home. There are so many sites where you have to pay to start work but none of these are really very good and you have to work extremely hard to earn pittance.

My friends all keep telling me that on the basis of my skills I should be able to find something! I have a touch typing speed of 105 w.p.m and have distinctions in all RSA stages 1, 2 and 3 wordprocessing and typing.

I am already working as a freelance audio typist for a couple of companies but unfortunately the work is never regular and I really need to find guaranteed weekly work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me if you don't want to post your message onto the board.

Thank you for your time.

Niki

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:35 pm

Hi Niki,

Can you do what you do in fluent Spanish?

If you can I cannot see a problem getting a job.

Regards
Ian
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!

Niki Harrison
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Niki Harrison » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:43 pm

Unfortunately I can only speak conversational Spanish. My communication in writing is not adequate enough for translation work.

Helen

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:38 pm

Hi Helen,

Do a google search for "jobs in spain" or "job agency in spain" as there are a few Agencys here that may be able to help.

Regards
Ian
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:28 pm

There were a couple of companies that were looking for property listers & consultants to meet with potential clients for property viewing advertised in the local rag recently. I think they were commission only, but it was home based

Where are you based Niki? - PM me if you are anywhere near Marbella/Estepona please.

yummymummy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby yummymummy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:30 pm

I don't post often but do read a lot and thought it would be useful for you to check andalucia.com's classified site. I found some interesting positions there .... may be worth contacting some of the agencies advertising.

Good luck with your job search...

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:47 pm

poshtotti wrote:There were a couple of companies that were looking for property listers & consultants to meet with potential clients for property viewing advertised in the local rag recently. I think they were commission only, but it was home based

Where are you based Niki? - PM me if you are anywhere near Marbella/Estepona please.
When she says home based I think she means getting up when she feels like it, doing a few pages, going for lunch, having a siesta etc, ie, working at home as opposed to leaving her home and driving around.

I have to bee frank with you Nikki and say unless you are working for a firm relying heavily on english as a working language you'll probably struggle, look at this from a practical angle, how many Spanish people do you think are doing this job (in Spanish) in England.
I think the answer is to become fluent in written Spanish then you'll be ok!