N.I.E number

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:34 pm

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

A notary must now include a copy of your NIE sheet in the escritura. I believe this is a nationwide ruling but if you want to find confirmation you will need to look through the BOE or the Notaries and Registrars web site.

Regarding paperwork from architects, this now has to be validated by the College of Architects but I am not aware of any requirement for an architect to appear before the notary at the time of a signing.

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:57 pm

Thank you. I received this email today from a friend who is assisting with the pre visit to the Notary office :
" there is also another new rule which is that the expert who signs off the new building has got to go to the Notary's office in person to sign yet another document"
presume that this may not be widely known about. Or is it wrong?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:28 pm

I don't know about being a new rule but it has always been that the signature of an architect has to be recognised by the notary before whom an escritura de obra nueva is granted but not necessarily at the same time that other interested parties appear.

It is a new rule that certificates of antiquity, as I said before, must now be validated by the College of Architects.