Best way to learn some Spanish?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:13 am

The "Tell Me More" are also very good. I bought mine in El Corte Ingles, it is very good for pronunciation, grammar etc and learning new words, has a dictionary attached to it. I have worked my way through it and am working through it again, you can buy from beginners up to Advance which is the one I use. The Talk to Me which is cheaper is not so good I am using that for German at the moment, but I must say it is a lot better than the German classes I was about to attend. Having spent one hour in what was supposed to be a two hour lesson, I have never had a more unmotivated "Professor" in my life, she used Cd's anyway and constantly stared out of the window, began the lesson ten minutes late (never mind about finishing at 5.15 instead of 6pm). I then went and bought the Michel Thomas and find it excellent. Although as someone has already stated it does take a lot longer then the "8" hours stated, but still excellent.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:25 pm

Another thought is computer games in Spanish if he enjoys playing on the computer. Even picking up Spanish slang would be worth it. Or look for a CDROM on Spanish as personally I think any teenager nowadays would gain more by interreactive learning on the computer than listening to tapes. The main thing is to ask HIM which method he thinks will be best for him, so that he feels involved in the learning process and not just forced to do it.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:03 pm

You can find plenty of jokes on line like this...
Que dijo el numero 18 al numero dos?
Vente conmigo! (or veinte conmigo)
a lot translated to/from english..with google search "joke spanish"
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.