6000 € Cash limit

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Midnight Rambler

6000 € Cash limit

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:55 pm

As some of you may be aware, I'm planning to move to Mãlaga province soon so I'm constantly searching for new avenues of information, having discovered the Cds News, was reading it today when I came across the story of a guy who lost a wallet containing 24000€ which was found by a passer by on the street when the owner turned up the police gave him back the money apparently without batting an eyelid,
Given the fact that it's been discussed recently here and the general consensus seems to be that the limit you're "allowed" to carry around is 600€ (although I seriously doubt this law can be upheld legally) I was wondering what's going on here, anyone any thoughts??

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: 6000 € Cash limit

Postby Bongtrees » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:06 pm

You are ¨allowed¨ to carry any amount of money you want BUT you must be able to produce documentation explaining where you had got it from if over 6000 euros.

Ive been on a few trips lately and cant remember where but saw in some airports notices to this effect were on the walls everywhere.

Mike

Fletch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Fletch » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:40 pm

Yeah,I saw the news report too, it doesn`t say wether the police questioned the man about where the money came from, but I wonder wether the result would have been different if the finder had not been in the police station at the time the `loser` came in :roll: :?
Is it hot here, or is it just me?

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:01 pm

Fletch wrote:Yeah,I saw the news report too, it doesn`t say wether the police questioned the man about where the money came from, but I wonder wether the result would have been different if the finder had not been in the police station at the time the `loser` came in :roll: :?
Good point Fletch, " a wallet sir, no not here" I'm afraid!!