Information on Almogia please??

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
lorraine
Andalucia.com Amigo

Information on Almogia please??

Postby lorraine » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:27 pm

Have been reading up on a website about Almogia, sounds intollerable in the summer infested with mosquitos and flies and incredibly hot. Is this the real picture please?? Looking to move with disabled daughter and this would not really be ideal! also it is not our experience but we generally holiday nearer the coast. Any residents with information would be appreciated.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:47 pm

Almogia, sounds intollerable in the summer infested with mosquitos and flies and incredibly hot
The heat is the same almost everywhere here...but in places like Almogia the altitude lets things cool down at night. It very hilly area with lovely views, there is a small reservoir, the village is small white and friendly and its only about 20kl to Malaga...not a lot of English around...Almogia covers a large area and if you are in the countryside close to animals you might get infested with mosquitos and flies..the same goes for any rural area where there are animals.
How old is your daughter..there is not a lot going on in the area apart for Verdiales...which is a very popular folk music... and if disabled means wheelchair perhaps you should think of somewhere flatter...unless you have very strong arms to push up and down.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:51 pm

P.S. its hotter in Cordoba...I noticed you were looking there...
Have you looked east of Malaga coastle areas???

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:51 am

Dont live there but have driven to it many times. Typical white village nestling in a small cup valley but quite a drive to get to it. Not that many facilities there but property is fairly inexpensive. Best way is via Campillos just outside Malaga and head for the hills!!!! Wouldnt say it was very disabled person freindly, quite hilly etc.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

chrys macphail
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrys macphail » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:59 pm

Hi Lorraine you are asking about Almogia well what can I say like all places in rural spain its hot through the summer, dry and yes we get flies mossies like everyone else if you live in the campo. Almogia is a fab place to live yes the village is full of hilly streets its not wheelchair friendly no mountainside village is. But the people are friendly the country side is beautiful and you are only a short drive from many historic areas. I have lived here for 2 years and love it. Need more info contact me.

Chrys
campo chick

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:40 pm

Most of Spain has the mossy problem...The worst place is Huelva province
Inside they are not a problem with a plug in anti mosquito plug... and there is always afterbite.
the people are friendly the country side is beautiful
Thats true.

Mydogdylan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mydogdylan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:01 pm

What do you expect in a hot country........... no flies,no ants,no creepy crawlies,no mossies and plenty of shade :wink:

chrys macphail
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrys macphail » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:11 pm

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
campo chick

lorraine
Andalucia.com Amigo

couldnt have put it better myself

Postby lorraine » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:26 pm

Just an innocent question, I am not stupid!! but read on a website about intollerable flies and mossies particularly in this area. I just wanted some local experience, so thank you to those that have given it!