Fair costs

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

Fair costs

Postby ht006d5256 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:03 pm

As we are almost ready to retire to Spain I have been making enquiringly about Lawyers to act for me house purchase /poa etc and have had such a varied pricing the top being £1500 min for £80000 house +£150 POA +£40 in house Notary + lawyers in Spain + Notary in Spain ++++on top of this am being quoted that they will NOT be responsible for any cXXk ups made by there reps in Spain. So what is a fair charge for the above help
Howard

neilinalcaucin
Andalucia.com Amigo

costs

Postby neilinalcaucin » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:31 pm

I had a solicitor charge €860 to purchase our house for a similar value, he aslo organised power of attorny and our will for + 100 euros

apparantly this is very good - i would say 1500euros would do the job for you , try a malaga solicitor - they seem cheaper than resort solicitors and get a referal from a friend
Know you tried, effort always shows.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:00 pm

Do be very careful in your choice of solicitor. Many of them are worse than useless. We paid 1,000 euros to one and might as well have chucked the money down the toilet for all the use she was. Luckily the people we were buying off were honourable people. If you have any specific areas of concern about what you are buying make sure you spell it out to the lawyer, make it absolutely clear what you expect and keep a record of everything.
Grouser

Nikvin
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nikvin » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:15 pm

ht004 ..whatever..
It sounds like you are thinking of using lawyers in UK, who will pass on to Spanish based firm...
That does not seem like a good idea as ypu are paying twice really, lots for the UK admin side and no control over spanish side...

1% of purchase costs is a normal fair price , + some disbursements, but best to find a lawyer here that comes recommended, and get everything in WRITING..........
Spell out to them what checks you want, and get all replies in writing, emails will do, but get hard copies of them and try to save them on hard dive as well.

Get recommendations, visit them and see what you think.

Dont think it will be best to necessarily get one that speaks good english, thgey often charge more, and you could take a translator along who may well be au fait with all the rules regulations and pitfalls, and could act as an intermediary.

ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

fair costs

Postby ht006d5256 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:32 pm

Thanks folks for the advice yes I was thinking of using English based lawyers but not now as you are right why pay twice, so if anyone can recommend a good lawyer around Alcaudete it will be one less worry. thanks in advance.
Howard

Elsa-mary
Andalucia.com Amigo

lawyer

Postby Elsa-mary » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:24 pm

We used a lawyer from Antequera,for purchase of our place near Alcaudete,found him honest AND FAST!!!,IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING,mail me for name and telephone no, he travels to Alcaudete and Alcala la Real often on business,and has clients in this area.
Good Luck