Fed Ex

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
mhic
Andalucia Guru

Fed Ex

Postby mhic » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:16 pm

I ordered some urgently needed things from the States a month ago, not available here or in the UK. They were shipped over using FedEx and got as far as "a local Depot" but were then returned to the US. Apparently someone decided that the address was wrong though it was in fact correct. As this is not the first time I have had similar problems with courier companys I wondered if anyone esle had problems with them.

FedEx has apologised and assured me it rarely happens and it won't happen again, hmmm.

Mhic.

Alpujarra
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alpujarra » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:58 pm

It happens a lot and the delivery firms are all much the same.

I had a delivery to the value of 2000 pounds left at a cortijo 5 kms away because the driver couldn't be bothered to find my address.

Luckily the people that signed for the package were known to me, but it could have been anyone.

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:34 pm

A lot of these courier companies (Fedex, DHL etc) term themselves as 'business to business'. they really don't like delivering to private addresses.
I sent a documents to my bank, near to Torre del Mar and DHL charged an additional €30 for 'remote location'!
A lot of businesses advertise the delivery by these courier companies, but the courier companies themselves are not that keen to deliver.