no notifications

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
mijas bound
Resident

no notifications

Postby mijas bound » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:44 am

Why, since the site was remodelled, do i no longer get notifications of topic replies and PM's??

does this happen to others too?
Via con DIABLO

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: no notifications

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:50 am

Click on 'Subscribe topic' at the bottom of a post within that topic and also check your preferences under 'User Control Panel'.
Let's go Brandon!

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:30 pm

I'm having the same problem, but I can't find where in my profile to check what it is set to. :?

I've just noticed that at the bottom of this message, as I type there is a box ticked to say that I would like notifications, but nothing arrives by email as it used to.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:02 pm

As I said, click on 'Subscribe Topic' then click on User Control Panel--->Overview--->Manage Subscriptions and it should show the topics to which you are subscribed.
Let's go Brandon!

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:33 pm

Beachcomber, I really do understand how frustrating it is to explain things to someone who just doesn't understand. Please bear with me, this is not my forte! :oops:

Following your instructions, I have found the page that gives the list of what has been subscribed to.

It tells me that below is a list of what I have subscribed to. There follows a list of all the topics that I have posted on. It says I will recieve notification of posts. It then says I am not subscribed to any posts. It then goes on to give the list that I am subscribed to!!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:40 pm

It gives a list of fora and/or topics to which you are subscribed. I assume that if you are subscribed to a forum you should receive notifications of posts to all topics within that forum and if you are subscribed to a topic you will just receive notifications in respect of that topic.

If it shows a list and you are not receiving notifications then there must be a problem with the software and perhaps Admin will take note.

I do not use this feature as I find it clogs up my in-box but I have subscribed to this topic just to see if I receive notifications. I will report back the next time someone posts here.
Let's go Brandon!

mijas bound
Resident

Postby mijas bound » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:28 am

hi Beach,
sorry for not replying sooner but i did'nt get a notification :D

on the bottom of this post it says "unsubscribe" which suggests that i am already signed up to recieve notifications?
Via con DIABLO

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:34 pm

As I said, I subscribed to this topic and I have received an email notification of your recent reply so the system is working correctly.

Have you checked your spam folder or junk mail folder. Perhaps the notifications have ended up in there.
Let's go Brandon!

mijas bound
Resident

Postby mijas bound » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi Beach,
i have checked my junk folder and there's nothing there, have just sent a PM to Admin so hopefully they can work out what has happened,
Thanks anyway
Via con DIABLO