Nothing like described

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Nothing like described

Postby Devils Advocate » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:57 am

Anybody else have the same feelings here? I read the posts concerning Andalucia and sometimes feel that our place must be in a different Andalucia :?
I've also yet to be in a room or anyones company where this "straight talking" and these terse responses often displayed on here happen.

I've proven it to myself too, I've actually met someone who used to post quite a lot (unbeknowns to them as I denied ever having heard of the forum), and the sometimes aggresive and bullish nature of the poster could not have been further away from the specimin I spoke to.

Life is for real, Internet forums are to be kept seperate and treated with a pinch of salt as the two bear no resemblence to each other.....as neither do the posters personalities (apart from mine :mrgreen: )

DA
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Nothing like described

Postby rt21 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:58 am

I think it's the same with any forum whether it is to do with Andalucia or football or any other topic

It's an opportunity for some people to act out of character and say the sort of things that they would feel uncomfortable saying in a less anonymous envoronment. Which in some ways is no bad thing because it relieves pent up feelings and aggression

In fact thinking about it forums are a form of therapy for some people!

Richard

K chameleon
Resident

Postby K chameleon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:41 pm

I'm 6ft. tall.
My heart shaped, unlined face is framed with sleek chestnut locks.
The garden is pest free and could be featured in 'Country Life'
The house is a testament to my skills as a homemaker. (well that bits true, it's a blinkin mess :lol: )

Yes, I feel better now.
Thank-you Dr.

(yes, I'm a closet egotist)
Last edited by K chameleon on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Now how long have you been waiting to get that off your chest ! :D :D :D

K chameleon
Resident

Postby K chameleon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:48 pm

Too long, I want to 'come out' and rule the world.

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:07 pm

There's nothing wrong in wanting to rule the world provided it's a cyber world or the virtual world of andalucia.com. Having said that, you will face very serious competition from some other regular contributors on this site who no doubt share your ambition :D :D :D

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:54 pm

Don't know about ruling the world but here is a good tip and a thought for today

Avoid bickering and petty arguments by immediately punching anyone with whom you disagree.

DAILY THOUGHT: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.